For Sale $6k will put your favorite shellfish on wheels ('72 Newp in KC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1968 - 1974 Mopar bodytag codes

"D99 Special Order Transmission (1972)"

The Imp Club folks agree. Stands to reason E99 means same thing for engines. Something "regular" cars didnt get .. usually "better"/"stronger" things in my experience. along with the K and Y39 especially.

I am becoming a believer ..on circumstantial evidence at least.

BTW ..see post #13 chief. D99 thing in a Limo we talked about. 72 limo, in my area

It would seem Ive learned a lot over the last four years ...:thankyou:

1968 - 1974 Mopar bodytag codes

"D99 Special Order Transmission (1972)"

The Imp Club folks agree. Stands to reason E99 means same thing for engines. Something "regular" cars didnt get .. usually "better"/"stronger" things in my experience. along with the K and Y39 especially.

I am becoming a believer ..on circumstantial evidence at least.

BTW ..see post #13 chief. D99 thing in a Limo we talked about. 72 limo, in my area
So in other words you should just buy it.

i'll call seller. maybe he knows more than his ad says about this cars history and will show me the information?

Sure hope somebody here proves what E99 actually is .. IF E86 I dont see HP manifolds on B5 car then again underhood pic doesnt quite have the angle and as somebody said, the "big alternator" doesnt appear to be there. maybe broadcast sheet still there?

anyway .. one weekend of work should be it and then id be movin forward or movin on.

00w0w_rq9hawqo8g_1200x900-jpg.jpg

That is either a second pipe there on the left or the roundest grass patch ive ever seen.

OK... I'm done Efing around on this . Whos buying it, Ray, the other guy or Me? Im thinking 5 K will do it

the other guy seemed convinced. i just started paying attention today and am learning a lot. if/when im convinced i will try to buy it.

anybody (Dave - polara71) who beats me to it while im investigating...congrats to them if it turns out to be real deal "cop spec" from factory ride.

first chrysler brand fusie ive seen in the flesh ..maybe another shows up .. hopefully in my lifetime. :)

Last edited:
FWIW, the car popped up on Barn Finds in early September -- no extra info compared to what's been discussed here, other than the fact the car's ownership is claimed to have been stable for 35 years:

Road Going Millennium Falcon: 1972 Chrysler Newport

PS: Can someone relate the purpose of the two small rectangular, vertical holes in the front bumper?

Last edited:
FWIW, the car popped up on Barn Finds in early September -- no extra info compared to what's been discussed here, other than the fact the car's ownership is claimed to have been stable for 35 years:

Road Going Millennium Falcon: 1972 Chrysler Newport

PS: Can someone relate the purpose of the two small rectangular, vertical holes are in the front bumper?

That's where the bumper jack hook goes.

interesting writing on this car. actually favorable light ..though a few minor technical nits.

"i give it an 85 Dick .. i could dance to it " :)

So is it sold or does someone want an in person eye on it?

Not an expert on cop specifics but can put an actual human eye on it for anyone if they wish.

It's in Independence which is only about an hour from actual home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back