70 bee

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the last car I picked up prior to being unemployed. So its up in the air for now. I've got a lead on a good k frame and suspension to replace the torched off control arms. It was going by way of the derby people with welded doors and other fine improvements

How can you love one of the all time favorites, the 71 Polara, and also like this 70 beast?!!! My whole image of you is shattered!o_O

sorry Steve, not even a fuselage C-Body Looks as good as a 70 Coronet 2dr does !

Carsten

I don't dislike any B-body but as far as the Coronet?, in this order, '68, '69 then '70. Dave I don't know how you can say that a six pak, 4 speed Dana car had nothing going for it. As far as the purple goes I love it because it is original to this car and that's made even better by the white accents.

I love the purple/white combo... but it only belongs on certain cars.

I don't think I said that but the Fury is a whole bumper all the way across with hidden headlights, big fan, I am not a huge fan of fusies in general, slab,formal, then fusie. I like fusie 300s, when I came here I didn't really care which car line C, P, D but the longer I spend here I have decided that I only want a Chrysler, I already have enough Dodge's and Plymouth's.

We are definitely looking for the same car...

I would have loved to have been driving when these were just "used cars" and "gas hogs" but there didn't seem to be many with the foresight to put one away and store it well. Those that did mostly cashed out long ago... wouldn't it be nice to have that 69 again all greased down and preserved enough to make a easy restore out of what would have been considered junk then?

I bought the 69 Bee in 1971 for $1750. Traded it in towards the end of 1973 to buy a brand new 73 Ralleye Challenger with a 340. Sold the Challenger on 28 December 1976....the day before I enlisted in the Army.

I forgot to mention that the pitchfork hood on the non N96 1970 Coronet R/Ts and Bees is probably my favorite performance hood design from Ma Mopar.

I forgot to mention that the pitchfork hood on the non N96 1970 Coronet R/Ts and Bees is probably my favorite performance hood design from Ma Mopar.
Fresh air hood? I've never seen the underhood view so I never knew if they were or not.

Fresh air hood? I've never seen the underhood view so I never knew if they were or not.
I'm pretty sure its just a bump like the Challengers hood.

Not to mention that he is wrong the A12 hood is the most awesome hood put on any production car ever from any manufacture. Still needing the pokey stick.

yes, 70 pitchfork hood (still the coolest) is merely an insert and non functional. Twin scoop (n96) ramcharger hood is functional.

:wacky:eek:_O:confused:

Couldn't help it buddy... it was there...

yes, 70 pitchfork hood (still the coolest) is merely an insert and non functional. Twin scoop (n96) ramcharger hood is functional.
Just as I stated above......stick poking....

I bought the 69 Bee in 1971 for $1750. Traded it in towards the end of 1973 to buy a brand new 73 Ralleye Challenger with a 340. Sold the Challenger on 28 December 1976....the day before I enlisted in the Army.
Did you ever post pics of that Challey? Love to see it.

1970-Superbee-barn-find-for-sale07.jpg

1970-Superbee-barn-find-for-sale06.jpg

Yes, looks the same as mine...

Would love to find some air boxes and modify to make it functional.. one day..

Last edited:
Ugh. Count me in the half of the population that thinks the '70 Coronet is the ugliest Mopar since the Lancer and '60 DeSoto. They took the beauty of the '68/'69 and made it look... well... constipated comes to mind.

Given that the other half of the population is insanely in love with that front-facing-butt it has for a grille and the fact that its a six-pack, it is probably a worthwhile car for someone with a lot of skill, time, and resources. With the kind of heavy unibody work its going to take it'll never be profitable, though. A friend has a '67 Hemi 4-speed GTX that started out in about the same condition, and he's maybe 20 years into a 30 year project since he's doing it all in spare time. It amounts to rebuilding a whole car around a dash panel where the VIN is riveted in, plus the radiator core and trunk lip where the VIN is stamped. LOTS of welding wire going into that to do it legally and well, and you really do get down to the point of asking yourself, "did I weld donor parts on my car, or is the only part of my car left the VIN numbers and some stuff attached to them?" My friend's done floor pans, firewall, trunk floor, quarters, rocker panels, a couple of frame-rail extensions, sail panels... all scavenged in boneyards since the mid/late 1990s. He's got most of the sheet metal and welding done so its structurally sound again, but hasn't even started on the kind of work most of us think of as the 'start' of a restoration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back