70 bee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough crowd!!! My opinion stands, 70 just looks more "pissed off" than any other year. The halo's are not my thing, but hey....it's not my car! None the less it's a clean well presented super b!

i think the front Bumbpers have been altered.
They do look "tucked". IMHO there has NEVER been a car built that was perfect out of the box! Stock Sucks gentlemen! I haven't reached the age where I don't want to "improve" on the factories design! The good lord willing.... I might get there! Until then.....stock sucks!

They do look "tucked". IMHO there has NEVER been a car built that was perfect out of the box! Stock Sucks gentlemen! I haven't reached the age where I don't want to "improve" on the factories design! The good lord willing.... I might get there! Until then.....stock sucks!
Stock isnt always Bad. Some cars are to original or Rare to motify, That is something i must Respect.

I agree completely Zach! But only when it's a rare factory modified or special edition. I don't see the point in buying anything and not making it your own! Except toilet paper. That stuff works fine in stock form!

I agree completely Zach! But only when it's a rare factory modified or special edition. I don't see the point in buying anything and not making it your own! Except toilet paper. That stuff works fine in stock form!
Ahmen Brother lol.

So, is this the reason why some people ***** when the post is not a C body?

I like the 70's front end. I don't like the tricked out g machine one though, looks scrappy, make a weird front end worse. Stock form, they look good. My girlfriend wants a 70 Coronet R/T if she ever gets a Mopar. Dave, how can you say you can't compare a 70 super bee with a 72 fury? Two loops around the headlights with a chrome piece in the middle. They're like siblings! When I saw Maro's 72 Fury that was the first thing that came to mind. I like them both.

I was already driving when the 70 Bee came out. The 70 Bee was not well received by the general public. A year later I was a driving a 69 Bee. I still say the 69 Bee is the best year, followed by the 68, and then the 70. The general public was even more stunned with the 71 models came out. By 72 we knew factory hot rod's were pretty much over. I didn't really start to embrace the 70 and 71 until the early 90's when I came back from serving overseas for a decade and a half.

I was already driving when the 70 Bee came out. The 70 Bee was not well received by the general public. A year later I was a driving a 69 Bee. I still say the 69 Bee is the best year, followed by the 68, and then the 70. The general public was even more stunned with the 71 models came out. By 72 we knew factory hot rod's were pretty much over. I didn't really start to embrace the 70 and 71 until the early 90's when I came back from serving overseas for a decade and a half.

I would have loved to have been driving when these were just "used cars" and "gas hogs" but there didn't seem to be many with the foresight to put one away and store it well. Those that did mostly cashed out long ago... wouldn't it be nice to have that 69 again all greased down and preserved enough to make a easy restore out of what would have been considered junk then?

wouldn't it be nice to have that 69 again all greased down and preserved enough to make a easy restore out of what would have been considered junk then?
My friend scored his 69 Bee by holding out when the seller told him someone offered more money. 3 months later he called back and my friend lowballed him. He needed to sell the car as the property it was on had sold and he only had so much time. A trip down to Arizona/nevada and they took all the parts they could get in the time they had and he got a clean body and all the parts to put it back together. New seat covers, vinyl top, carpet, extra dash, taillights,etc. There were other sheds they didn't get to check out and could have had more goodies stashed, he'll never know. He put it together over a year and a half. Put down some paint, had his friend cut him a sweet deal, and he has one sweet ride for less than 7,500.

My friend scored his 69 Bee by holding out when the seller told him someone offered more money. 3 months later he called back and my friend lowballed him. He needed to sell the car as the property it was on had sold and he only had so much time. A trip down to Arizona/nevada and they took all the parts they could get in the time they had and he got a clean body and all the parts to put it back together. New seat covers, vinyl top, carpet, extra dash, taillights,etc. There were other sheds they didn't get to check out and could have had more goodies stashed, he'll never know. He put it together over a year and a half. Put down some paint, had his friend cut him a sweet deal, and he has one sweet ride for less than 7,500.

That's great! Geez $7500 isn't too far off just for a premium paint job. As the guy who helped bail them out of mechanical problems, the last paint shop I dealt with was $2k with me doing all the disassemble/reassemble and sanding. Car was totaled before it happened unfortunately, along with my back.

$3500 for the car, 1500 for paint and some work on the hood and we figure the rest is probably under but close to the 2500 extra. Yeah, a hell of a deal. The bad part? He had to tow a 67/8/9 Cougar back and let it sit at his house til the other guy picked it up. Brutal, right?

I don't dislike any B-body but as far as the Coronet?, in this order, '68, '69 then '70. Dave I don't know how you can say that a six pak, 4 speed Dana car had nothing going for it. As far as the purple goes I love it because it is original to this car and that's made even better by the white accents.

I don't dislike any B-body but as far as the Coronet?, in this order, '68, '69 then '70. Dave I don't know how you can say that a six pak, 4 speed Dana car had nothing going for it. As far as the purple goes I love it because it is original to this car and that's made even better by the white accents.
Yeah maybe a bit harsh on gutting it for it driveline I would park it in my driveway wet it down, leaving the hose lay and flip it for enough to by one in every color 77 NYBs

Does anyone else like the 70 Bee front but not care for the 72 Fury?
Maybe I'm still in love with a 70 Fury I once had.
Gut the matching numbers B body drive line for a C body rebuild, post an ad to sell the body to the derby guys.

Dave, how can you say you can't compare a 70 super bee with a 72 fury
I don't think I said that but the Fury is a whole bumper all the way across with hidden headlights, big fan, I am not a huge fan of fusies in general, slab,formal, then fusie. I like fusie 300s, when I came here I didn't really care which car line C, P, D but the longer I spend here I have decided that I only want a Chrysler, I already have enough Dodge's and Plymouth's.

I have great distaste for the '72 Fury's rear wheel arches. It looks like the prototype of the car was in an accident and they didn't bother to change it in the final design.

Last edited:
FullSizeRender (47).jpg
I like both, the 70 charger is coming home.
IMG_1149.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back