For Sale 70 Chrysler 300 2dr ht

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImpJay

The different young
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine!

It´s in Germany and available for 18 500,00 EUR = 20 958,47 USD. The seller doesn´t provide a pic of the fender tag.
https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/...searchId=8f87ecea-e057-0183-0709-56f459b71941

$_20.jpg

$_201.jpg

$_203.jpg

$_204.jpg

$_205.jpg

$_206.jpg

$_207.jpg

$_209.jpg

$_20h.jpg

$_20n.jpg

I´d say that the trim and paint codes are as below:
M5L2 = cloth/vinyl buckets, beige
V1L = vinyl top, champagne
FY6 = Citron Gold Metallic

Last edited:
Nice looking car and the seller knows how to take some photos that show it off well. It doesn't have a/c presently, but it has center a/c outlets in the dash, so maybe it had a/c originally and it seems to have the 26" radiator that also indicates likely a/c originally. He needs to show the body code plate, as you said. Not much in the way of options though. I personally like the colors on the car. I also wonder what the miles are on it - it appears it has been restored given how nice the paint, interior and underhood look. Worth the money over in Europe it seems based on prior sales histories on these models.

I have to wonder why he would sell such a nice looking vehicle.

Sharp car, I like the color combo. Looks to be in very nice shape. A/C could be added back in. The lack of options wouldn't deter me from owning it, less to repair. Nice photos.

I have never seen the car in person. I agree with Steve in that it has most likely been restored (repainted and the upholstery redone). The front valance is in good condition. I also agree on it having a 26" radiator, A/C outlets and the vacuum heater valve typical for standard A/C-equipped cars.

From the photos in the original ad I see:

Options
  • Light Package
  • Rim Blow Steering Wheel (non-T&T)
  • Clock
  • Rear Defog
  • Some kind of radio, now modern unit installed
  • had standard A/C (non-ATC)

Flaws

• Front left side marker light not present (amber duct tape instead)
  • Surface imperfection on rear bumper as shapes of formerly present stickers are visible
  • Door pull strap on passenger door missing
  • Driver side seat back release lever missing
  • Driver side seat side shield missing
  • Dimmer switch mounted on top of carpet
  • Black carpet (carpet would need to be medium beige color for M5L2)

Our many German friends may, at some point, be able to chime in. Looks like a very similar-looking car (with different wheel covers, moldings and slightly different exterior color, though) participated at some of the BBTR cruises:

Our many German friends may, at some point, be able to chime in. Looks like a very similar-looking car (with different wheel covers, moldings and slightly different exterior color, though) participated at some of the BBTR cruises:

Ayilar, that 300 on both pics has full vinyl buckets instead of cloth/vinyl and it has body side rub strips, which are not installed on the car for sale. Any way it is a close match.

Last edited:
The other 300 depicted above is a different car.

The gold-colored car is sold by a dealer and advertised as having a 383 (!?) and power seat. They have a somehwat grainy video of it on their Facebook Page. The driver's door hinge is in dire need of lubrication, but you might not hear that when the engine is running due to the flowmasterish sound of the exhaust.

Car did have AC. Go to the actual site and enlarge the photo if the engine bay and you can see the hose connections on the firewall.

The single-snorkel air cleaner tells me the orange engine paint is not original. Looking at the Blaster Coil and the orange ECU indicates a lot of upgrades.

The color is wonderful.Notice how the sheet metal bends downward slightly at the rear past the bottom of the rear window.2 door fuseys were gorgeous cars

car is not as nice as it looks in pictures.
Cheap respray, lots of flaws and not nice bodywork

It's been on that site for quite a while already, as I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back