70 Fury convertible panels interchange question

abody711

Reaction score
Ok for a rookie question. What cars would be donors for replacement lower quarters on 70 Fury convertible? Also which cars work for front fender replacements. Thanks in advance.

Allen

All 70 Fury front fenders should work, trim dependant - IE if you're using Fury II fenders on a Fury III vert then you may have trim holes to weld up and new trim holes to create. Otherwise they'll bolt right on.

Depending on how high up you need to graft the rear 1/4 panel metal, the differences between vert and 2dr HT should be OK. The higher you go and you'll start to find the internal structure differences regarding the top well will be an issue.

All 70 Fury front fenders should work, trim dependant - IE if you're using Fury II fenders on a Fury III vert then you may have trim holes to weld up and new trim holes to create. Otherwise they'll bolt right on.

Depending on how high up you need to graft the rear 1/4 panel metal, the differences between vert and 2dr HT should be OK. The higher you go and you'll start to find the internal structure differences regarding the top well will be an issue.
Are they other years (i.e. 1969 and 1971) that will work? Thanks for reply.

They may bolt on (likely, but I am not an expert, so I may be wrong), but there are minor differences that will not work with the 70 body. Stick with 70 and you'll be OK.

70 Sport Fury fenders and any with optional cornering lamps have a larger side marker lamp opening.
As far as I know, the front side marker lights on Fury I, II and III are all small size and all Sport Fury models have the large size with Sport Fury written on the lens. Your convertible is a Fury III so it will have smaller size, but if you find a real nice set of Sport Fury fenders go for it and swap in the larger sized markers.

I would say at the style line just above the markers, but leave the marker in place and replace around it.

B206 Left rear cutting out the bad.jpg

Back