70 Fury stub interchange

'69FuryIIIConvertible

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was told my 70 would be torsion quiet, I climbed under it and its solid mounted like the 69's I've had apart, it's definitely a short stub not like the 71-73's, so could I use a 69 stub?

In reality I guess I need two stubs as the Sport Fury has about 12" missing from the drivers frame rail behind the control arm.

I just want to make sure I'm searching for something that is actually going to fit my turds.

I was told my 70 would be torsion quiet, I climbed under it and its solid mounted like the 69's I've had apart, it's definitely a short stub not like the 71-73's, so could I use a 69 stub?

In reality I guess I need two stubs as the Sport Fury has about 12" missing from the drivers frame rail behind the control arm.

I just want to make sure I'm searching for something that is actually going to fit my turds.

Being a ragtop it's not the torsion quiet ride, no?

Being a ragtop it's not the torsion quiet ride, no?

No Plymouths got torsion quiet in 1970. Never heard an explanation of exactly why not. May have been doing a little experiment to see if having an upscale feature on the Dodges that you couldn't get on a Plymouth would boost Dodge sales.

Jeff

I thought only non-convertible Chryslers had the iso suspension in '70 no?
Convertible and wagons got the short stub in '70 Chryslers. Every other Chrysler got the long stub with the isolators.

But the OP is looking for the correct stub for his car, so we shouldn't get too far off topic.

Convertible and wagons got the short stub in '70 Chryslers. Every other Chrysler got the long stub with the isolators.

But the OP is looking for the correct stub for his car, so we shouldn't get too far off topic.

That's right! I got hung up on finding one for my white convertible and stopped.

To the OP, maybe you need a road trip!
100_3395.JPG
100_3396.JPG

Back