70 Speakers & Crossover

1970FuryConv

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Are 3 speakers and a crossover from a 70 Sport Fury dash worth anything, given I have no idea whether any of the 4 are in working condition? This thread may only give freedom to recycle, but freedom is freedom.

DSCN8073.jpgDSCN8077.jpgDSCN8074.jpg

DSCN8077.jpg

DSCN8073.jpg

DSCN8074.jpg

DSCN8075.jpg

I just revived the dash speakers in my vert. They had been abandoned 20+ years ago and the crossover was gone. I found a crossover on Ebay years ago and bought it but I don't remember how much I paid. The center speaker was shot and I replaced it but the two outers were still in working condition. Now if I could just find some new rear interior panels for a '71 Challenger convertible...

I just revived the dash speakers in my vert. They had been abandoned 20+ years ago and the crossover was gone. I found a crossover on Ebay years ago and bought it but I don't remember how much I paid. The center speaker was shot and I replaced it but the two outers were still in working condition. Now if I could just find some new rear interior panels for a '71 Challenger convertible...

Aren't there like scads of suppliers repopping panels for Challengers ?

Not convertible rears. And finding used ones, especially Challengers is like looking for hens teeth....

Interior rear panels are unique to 70 Fury convertibles too, because of the accomodation for the convertible top hinge.

Last edited:
Interior rear panels are unique to 70 Fury convertibles too, because of the accomodation for the hood hinge.

You meant the convertible top?
Any 69/70 Chrysler Dodge Plymouth C convertible will fit, its a matter of vinyl pattern. The lower arm rests are the same for all three.

Matt, what makes the 71 Challenger conv rear panels different than the 70s? Or the Barracuda conv?

I hadn't really started looking for replacements yet with the exception of asking a couple of my buddies who are way into the E-body verts, they said they're not reproduced. I just went over to google to help answer your question and found several sets for sale on ebay, wtf! Maybe these aren't good reproductions? I'll have to do some more research. The style of Challengers are different from the Barracuda, different lines molded into them. '70 and '71 are the same though.

@ 1970FuryConv: I don't know if the info was already posted somewhere else on this forum, but should you remove these speakers anyway, perhaps you could measure and then post the size of the two types of speakers, for future reference (if someone wants to replace his speakers and wants to buy the right ones before starting to work on the dash).

Back