70 SPORT FURY GT 440-6 V CODE TX9/TX9 project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhat true will but a 71 hemi cuda ragtop everyone wants, how many of those? Eleven?
Thats my point Dave..... EVERYONE wants a B or E body multi carb.... especially a ragtop. The demand dictates value. To most a V code C body is just a passing thought. Very few even know, or care, that they were built.

I seriously doubt one of those cars in any condition will ever come close to that number.
Yeah..... Their rare...... Rarity dosen't necessarly dictate value..... Desireability when new is a better indicator. In 1970 everyone wanted a 6bbl runner or six pack Bee.... or a Hemi. A giant C body with three carbs just lacked appeal to the "go fast" set.

I think a strong #2 car will pull 35K in all reality. A #1, CORRECTLY restored trailer queen.... remains to be seen.

Thats my point Dave..... EVERYONE wants a B or E body multi carb.... especially a ragtop. The demand dictates value. To most a V code C body is just a passing thought. Very few even know, or care, that they were built.

What stood out to me Will is " desirability when new is a better indicator" which means if they only sold 11 new, they arent popular now. (which isnt true) And not everyone wanted multiple carbs and colors with big blocks back then. Collector anything is hit or miss down the road ask the collectors of Disney plates, Hallmark ornaments and 1/18th scale Ertl cars.

C body owners like C bodies usually for a moral reason, the other guys want to be outrageous and noticed by out doing the next guy.

I think some big monster took a big bite out of your car. Maybe it was Godzilla and was it re-imported from Japan, it looks to be the right age for Godzillla vs Hedorah that was in '71.

The wing cars were the biggest sales disaster in the world for Chrysler. Sales disaster + very low production #s, yet.... $$$$$$
So, desirability and rarity has nothing to do with it.

< Sent from my tablet >

if they only sold 11 new, they arent popular now. (which isnt true) And not everyone wanted multiple carbs and colors with big blocks back then.
These cars ARE more popular now then they were new. The low production indicates either limited popularity when new or high initial cost. The Fury GT 6bbl was likely much more pricey then, say a Road Runner or even a Cuda.
And yes..... At the time.... most guys who bought back then WISHED they were getting in a multi carb car.... High cost, limited avaliability or good sense is why they drove of in something less.

C body owners like C bodies usually for a moral reason, the other guys want to be outrageous and noticed by out doing the next guy.
The reason there were Chrysler 300's & Fury GT's was because there was a segment of buyers who were a little older, had familys and a level of success and responsibility who DID want to be noticed and "out do" the next guy.
Don't get me wrong...... I'd love to own a nice example of a Fury GT 6bbl...... I'm just questioning the reality of one with a 6 digit price tag..... Not likely, I think.
The guy who own's one saying he'll only accept 125K for his car is not conclusive proof of value..... It's somewhat curcumstantial at best. I wish him luck.

I think there were 61 made. I have a 71 GT that i fully restored, i know the value of these cars well. A 6BBL car imo would never reach 100-125k even during the best of
times. A serious buyer would not buy a car at that price considering missing mtr/trans
rust issues and in this case a accident/ history of this car. I know i will never get my
money back on mine if i have to sell but i didnt do for that reason you never do it's a hobby.

I understand Will, believe me i've been preaching all of this since the 80's....

Even the prices of the A12 and Hemi cars are dropping.......can't see the value of SFGT 6 BBL's going up at all. If I wanted one I could easily just build a clone for a lost less. I really don't care about the actual VIN.

clones are great! ...but usually reserved for those who can't afford the REAL DEAL... 99% of the people i know PREFER the REAL DEAL..

the ONLY one's i have found who don't are simply the one's WHO CANNOT AFFORD A REAL ONE.!

said the guy who never put a nice one together.

Affording it has nothing to do with it. Its only three carbs. Why spend 60 grand for the real one when I can spend fifteen hundred and have the same thing?

remember a FAKE is ALWAYS a FAKE...

If anyone ever put that car together it would not be the real deal. Would be a bunch of parts from other cars/repro parts. Granted i like the car and would love to see it saved... Any new pictures? Im no where near an interested buyer, but would like to see some newer pics that arnt years old.

what are you smoking? restoring an original car it will ALWAYS STILL BE REAL..LOL

No Dan, if a fake is always a fake then your cars are V codes without the original engines... which will also be fakes. And sometimes no one cares that much. I know you have taken a lot of heat over these cars and a lesser man would have busted but sometimes you're just wrong.

HUH? so any car without its original engine is fake??? WOW

Well the block isnt a V code block, just a 440 block dressed as a V code. Clone a car, clone an engine......you've heard it all before so its a (beating a dead horse) useless disagreement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back