70 SPORT FURY GT 440-6 V CODE TX9/TX9 project

Status
Not open for further replies.
the v-code block is just an average 440 block which has Hp" stamped on the top.
A VIN (the original plan from the factory) makes out what a car is not if the engine is matching.

funny some of the things posted here..LOL

remember a FAKE is ALWAYS a FAKE...
FAKE..... To me denotes someone trying to pass off something as original.... or just a derogatory means of expression.

I like to refer to a non original as a tribute car. Built to the spec's as could have been ordered in the day. This can be accoumplished with a lot lower investment then a concourse restro of a # matched original.

The subject black GT here will never be "original" without the original componants it was produced with. The power train is the key feature of the car..... Not like changing a fender. Even restored to concourse using "date coded" parts the value will suffer.

The car should be built and enjoyed as a beautiful 70 Fury GT and the question of rarety put aside. The final value of the car will be whatever it cost to bring it to restored condition.

All I know is there isn't one person left in the universe that is even remotely interested in a car like it that doesn't know about Dan's.
And not one of them has stepped forward in ALL these years.
Period.
End of story.
Dan, this selling of the car is becoming like a 4 hour sitting in a tattoo chair...
I know you're a fan of "there's no such thing as bad publicity" but there's no one let to publisize it to.... NONE!!!!

Last edited:
not really.
But no one would be really interestet in such a rough project due to the problems of finding parts and doing all these repairs.

it doesn't have to sell...where would you get an idea like that?? its merely OFFERED for sale... LOL

Well, good luck, maybe somebody over there may take it on. Why haven't you restored it?

Lets be honest, this board has given Dan a whole new cast to entertain him .... and even some old fools who bite

the v-code block is just an average 440 block which has Hp" stamped on the top.
A VIN (the original plan from the factory) makes out what a car is not if the engine is matching.

Your kidding, I didnt know that ...........

Sure it does, you just said the car doesnt need a numbers matching engine to be what it is...... correct?

no.
I have a v-code 70 GTX, all original body panels, fender tag, broadcastsheet etcetc. It has a non matching engine.
What is it now? According to you it is not a genuine v-code GTX anymore because the original engine is gone

its worth about 10% of what it is if it had the original engine..its all about being cheap...LOL

All I know is there isn't one person left in the universe that is even remotely interested in a car like it that doesn't know about Dan's.
And not one of them has stepped forward in ALL these years.
Period.
End of story.
Dan, this selling of the car is becoming like a 4 hour sitting in a tattoo chair...
I know you're a fan of "there's no such thing as bad publicity" but there's no one let to publisize it to.... NONE!!!!

Why do you keep referring to the tattoo chair? Lets see some pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back