70 Vert Rescue

The plate is from my cuda that I sold a couple of years ago I keep the plate active so that I don't lose it.

Can we get pictures of the blue 300? I'm about to try and start the red '70 300 I purchased from there. Have cleaned out/freshened the fuel system, oil change, new plugs and wires. She turns over fine....didn't want to at first took a few hits of the key to break it loose.
I'm hoping I can get it to run without having to swap carbs. It has the stock Holley on it which will definitely need a rebuild, but I'd like to hear it run before I stick too much into it.

Can we get pictures of the blue 300? I'm about to try and start the red '70 300 I purchased from there. Have cleaned out/freshened the fuel system, oil change, new plugs and wires. She turns over fine....didn't want to at first took a few hits of the key to break it loose.
I'm hoping I can get it to run without having to swap carbs. It has the stock Holley on it which will definitely need a rebuild, but I'd like to hear it run before I stick too much into it.

Rebuilding the original Holley will be a waste of time. Just change over to a Carter AVS/ Edlebrock or a new Holley and save yourself frustration. Been there.

Howdy I did about the same starting my vert I also pulled the valve covers to verify oil pressure and to replace the gaskets as all big blocks leak at the at the valve covers. I did do some checking on the 300 I was saddened to see a Holley on the intake as it surely will need to be rebuilt. The verts HP383 had a Carter on it they are indestructable and it runs good. My 300 has donated its carpet and some window switches, also seatbelts. The 300 needs a ignition switch or column wire harness. I still have not tried to start it as of yet I will try to post some pix later today. PS how many miles on your 300

002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg008.jpg006.jpg007.jpgBeen awhile since last post took her for a drive 60 mile round trip (to the muffler shop) I will need new tires if I want to drive it faster than 55. The only annoying noise was the lock button sqeaking arm out window solved it. I do have a new question there are two brackets next two the exhaust pipes are they factory exhaust hanger brackets last to pix can't upload will try Thursday

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

008.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

congrats on the Vert !

Please show us some pics of the blue 300.
Seems to be dark blue

Carsten

View attachment 32880View attachment 32881Been awhile since last post took her for a drive 60 mile round trip (to the muffler shop) I will need new tires if I want to drive it faster than 55. The only annoying noise was the lock button sqeaking arm out window solved it. I do have a new question there are two brackets next two the exhaust pipes are they factory exhaust hanger brackets last to pix can't upload will try Thursday

Yes they are factory mounting brackets.
The last exhaust shop ignored them and tucked the tail pipe in close to the gas tank.

I would move the tails away from the tank when you replace the system next time..

Thank you for the info the muffler guy and i were discussing pipe placement and we saw those. It is funny that the exhaust had been replaced as the car only had 29k on it.

View attachment 32880Been awhile since last post took her for a drive 60 mile round trip (to the muffler shop) I will need new tires if I want to drive it faster than 55. The only annoying noise was the lock button sqeaking arm out window solved it. I do have a new question there are two brackets next two the exhaust pipes are they factory exhaust hanger brackets last to pix can't upload will try Thursday

I'm pretty sure the other bracket isn't original either, only this one being original.

Alan

that's not uncommon for a car of that age to have had exhaust work, the pipes were mild steel and rusted fast not like today with factory stainless exhaust, and aftermarket pipes that are treated

I wonder how many hundreds of Engineers, Designers, and meddling Executives it took to chose the exact final location to mount that emblem.
"More to the left"
"No. To the right".
" Put the THREE closer to the HUNDRED"
"NO. Too much. Back a little".....

Posted via Topify on Android

Three, two and one, in that order.

What would happen to me is we would guess at it and it would turn out to be wrong.... Then every 70 300 in the world would park next to it at some time or another and they would all point out that the emblem was in the wrong spot.

People put the bird door decal on 69 Roadrunners in the wrong spot based on a picture in a restoration book... If you know where it is supposed to go, you can spot the wrong ones a mile away.

Chrysler's version of the assembly manuals were called "Graphics Books". There were several that I'm aware of. Chassis, body in white, trim and probably smaller component specific books for things like the engine assembly(s), transmission(s) rear axle(s) and the like. As for the decal, there was likely a template that fit over the door with at least two sides outlining the position of the decal. For nameplates with pins, there was likely a jig that fit onto the part with a number of small air powered punches in it that set the holes for the nameplate. Drive in the plastic bushings, or if there was room, spin on the zip nuts from the back.

Holy cow! What a nice score. Those are some of the most enjoyable project cars - ones that you dont have to deal with horrible rust. You can just pick and choose what pieces and parts you want to shine up or replace. Is this a running project or do you have to sort out engine gremlins? - Sorry, just saw the first page - Helps to read the whole post duh - Looks like a lot of fun!
Scott.

Last edited:
howdy all Thursday is the big day back to the muffler shop then after work it's off to A&W to sign up for this weekends car show, my buddys GTX and my vert will be cruising for the first time. Funny thing is he found his GTX in Oregon also

Finally brand new shoes I'm too tired to go for icecream maybe Wednesday 001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

I forgot to mention tires are Cooper trendsetters 235 75R 15 from Sears $367.00 that was the cheapest that I could find

The wheels and tires came out very nice and that's a pretty good deal on new tires and Cooper's a pretty good brand

I forgot to mention tires are Cooper trendsetters 235 75R 15 from Sears $367.00 that was the cheapest that I could find

That's very unusual that Sears is priced lower than most. Was that the on the rim and out the door price or was there additional fees for mounting, balancing, disposal fee, taxes? Good buy if the total cost was $367.

Back