70's ride height

ALLAN

Reaction score
any idea what the ride height is for a 1970 Polara, mine looks a bit down at the rear, origanal springs fitted, and they look a bit flat. I've got 27"front & 23" rear, measured through the wheel centers to the lip of the wheel arch, I had a look in the manual and can't find a base setting

Not sure of the stock height, I can measure mine and let you know. Do yourself and the car some justice and replace the springs ...You wont regret it. Springs and hardware are under 500 an
187134 2013 Dockside 3.JPG
d it will be the best suspension upgrade you will ever do

any idea what the ride height is for a 1970 Polara, mine looks a bit down at the rear, origanal springs fitted, and they look a bit flat. I've got 27"front & 23" rear, measured through the wheel centers to the lip of the wheel arch, I had a look in the manual and can't find a base setting
There is no overall ride height measurement in the service manual, the only reference given is in the alignment specification for the front at 1-1/8" measured under the ball joint and under the lover control arm pivot housing, the 1-/18" is the difference.

There are the AMA reports that do give rocker panel heights front/rear, finding a copy for that year may be difficult.

Mopar springs are known for being relatively flat, I typically set my front end height so the rocker is about 1/2" lower in the front than the rear.

Alan

Back