71 4dr Sports Fury needs a new vinyl roof, who makes the best one?

Oz Sport Fury

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 71 4dr Sports Fury, its in Australia now, the vinyl roof is shot and has been removed, found some awesome rust i wasn't expecting to deal with but its a NJ salted road car, I was just wondering which supplier should I buy a replacement one from?

I've been looking at this place, their prices seem pretty good and shipping to Oz is very cheap also, anyone dealt with these guys before?

Newstalgia Parts - 1971 - 1973 Plymouth Fury Vinyl Top

Cheers,

Matt

Legendary is the best and the standard. I used them for my 71 Gran Coupe. I cannot comment on Newstalgia Parts, as I have never seen their products. Does your 4dr have the convex or concave rear window?

No experience YET, but their "Color Elk" selection (middle panel) seems to be the closest match to the OEM item, to me. In ordering from anywhere, be sure about the rear window style, as that influences the C-pillar shapes/sizes.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Follow. I have a 1971 Fury. Formerly black vinyl top. Would like to see how yours turns out. What color are you looking for?

I don't think i will buy from Legendary as they are 3x the price of others available, didn't bother checking their shipping as I'm guessing it would be several hundred!

They did have this cool video though, very handy tips on installing a new top!

Hey guys,

I have a 71 4dr Sports Fury, its in Australia now, the vinyl roof is shot and has been removed, found some awesome rust i wasn't expecting to deal with but its a NJ salted road car, I was just wondering which supplier should I buy a replacement one from?

I've been looking at this place, their prices seem pretty good and shipping to Oz is very cheap also, anyone dealt with these guys before?

Cheers,

Matt
We dealt with Newstalgia for our 69 Fury.
Good people to deal with and decent shipping time and prices.
Just make sure you tell them which rear window/roofline you have.
When you get the top, lay it out to rest prior to installation.
It will have tons of extra fabric that will need to be trimmed by your installer.
Hope this helps.

75371602_10156984980057400_3090492126413193216_o.jpg

november 2019 124.jpg

We dealt with Newstalgia for our 69 Fury.
Good people to deal with and decent shipping time and prices.
Just make sure you tell them which rear window/roofline you have.
When you get the top, lay it out to rest prior to installation.
It will have tons of extra fabric that will need to be trimmed by your installer.
Hope this helps.

View attachment 513673

View attachment 513674

WOW!! That came up really nice mate, looks beautiful!!

WOW!! That came up really nice mate, looks beautiful!!
Thanks. It is not the correct "grain" but nobody really notices it unless we point it out. Lol
I have a thread documenting the car's revival including the top installation
Grab a bevvy and snack for a good read;
Meet Maggie May!

Last edited:
Penn Industries 405 232 8545. Correct grain, ran me under 150, had it in hand in a week and a half.

Back