WANTED 71 C body windshield washer resevoir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we need a spread sheet on 69-73 windshield washer reservoirs? :p

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother to post replies, as even in the same threads, the same issue just pops up again and again. Why not read the entire posts before commenting anything? Its really not that hard!! Then we wouldn't have to have Stan offer to make a spreadsheet!

Ah - Hem.......oh, did I wake you guys up???? sorry about that !!!!! -I've been waiting for 2 years and 2 days for you guys to resolve this problem. Any progress on this obscene dilemma? I apologize. It's late and I'm tired and I really shouldn't be messing around on the computer right now but let me just crank this out there. I have become obsessed with finding a new or good used 3431154 Reservoir. I have been looking for so long. I just happened to come across this FCBO thread during my online hunting. It sounds like BEAPARTS has an in-road into the New Production Process. That is exciting to me. I have so often thought that I would love to go into the manufacturing business, reproducing hard to find plastic parts. Blow Molding and/or Injection Molding can't be all that hard to tool up for and begin production, can it be? (I really don't know but I would love to investigate it) Maybe some of us who are so inclined could get together and make it happen! Heck, Walmart is full of plastic stuff, so there are a lot of people producing a lot of things. If we can design and build a battleship or send some really lucky guys on an all expense paid trip to the moon, then surely we can build a plastic bottle! No, I don't have a mouse in my pocket!!!
Okay, I got that out of my system...Everyone knows to "Count me in" when it comes time to start our own production facility.

In the meantime, has anyone found a reasonably priced reproduction of the '70-'72 #3431154 Reservoir? Or even the 1969 Reservoir? I have really got to get that FOMOCO Reservoir out of my Fury.......It's NOT RIGHT !!

Reasonably priced?:rofl:

Get in line. NOS are north of 500 and used ones,are snapped up within minutes, even with damage to them

Well it sure sounds like there is a real market for them which really makes me wonder why someone has yet to begin reproducing them. But you are right....it's crazy when you think of how many groceries or how much firewood, or any of the other Necessary things that one might need -that we might consider trading for one plastic bottle. The thought kind of shakes me and makes me wonder if I have lost track of what is REALLY important. If you are wealthy -it's not an issue...but if you are a working stiff or slightly above that grade, then you really have to reign yourself in for your own good.

REALITY..,WHAT A CONCEPT !!! -Mork, from Ork :mob:

Supply and demand. Fifteen years ago they were all over for 34 bucks.
Since it isn't necessary for the car I don' t worry about having one. I would never use my washers on the old cars and wipers only when absolutely necessary.

I'm sure other years will fit. I have a pump, just need the jug. Doesn't have to be perfect, just leak free. In the Boston area, zip for shipping costs is 02351. Thanks for looking.

This kinda hurts; Im about to part out a 71 fury.
What would you offer if i find out my jug isn't leaking?

I can't remember who, but someone here on the forum had 3 of them up for sale not too long ago. I purchased one of them. Pay better attention. :poke: :)

What's left of mine looks li,e this. No neck and an external pump

View attachment 69668
My 72 looks same, but needs repair. Note giant silicone glob.
20180120_133233.jpg

I found a boneyard one in an 8ft pile of other year mopar ones (place is gone) but there gonna be brittle. I saw a guy mount a nice modern one next to his coolant overflow on his C at a cruise night. for functionality. didn't look too out of place if you didn't know any better.

I found a boneyard one in an 8ft pile of other year mopar ones (place is gone) but there gonna be brittle. I saw a guy mount a nice modern one next to his coolant overflow on his C at a cruise night. for functionality. didn't look too out of place if you didn't know any better.

why do you need a functioning washer bottle in a 45 years old car . It almost never gets rained on and we carry all kind of cleaners regardless

why do you need a functioning washer bottle in a 45 years old car . It almost never gets rained on and we carry all kind of cleaners regardless

DMV inspection requires it where I live. Ditto for functioning dashboard lights. Those are the only two things still to be fixed on my '70 -- otherwise, she's good to go.

So, if any one can point me to a wiper motor for a reasonable price, I am all ears. I have seen last week's thread (For Sale - Restored C-body wiper motor) on rebuilt unit and on rebuilding one's own, but either approach is expensive -- so I hope one might be available for less.

Last edited:
DMV inspection requires it where I live. Ditto for functioning dashboard lights. Those are the only two things still to be fixed on my '70 -- otherwise, she's good to go.

So, if any one can point me to a wiper motor for a reasonable price, I am all ears (I have seen last week's thread on rebuilding one, but it's expensive so I hope one might be available for less).
Do you need a three speed or a two speed motor? I have one of each.

Thank you for the prompt reply!

The dashboard switch suggests 2-speed, but the motor itself seems to be a 3-speed unit and I have not yet found the broadcast sheet -- so am not sure. Here is a picture of the engine when first being cleaned.

MR3.jpg

Here is a higher-resolution one taken by David almost 2 years ago -- higher resolution:

170979-2014-voltage-regulator-jpg.166865

You can also compare my post 2' ago with the photo from David's car below -- to my untrained eyes, they look the same:

187134-2013-engine-jpg.jpg

Sounds good, thank you!

Last edited:

So, if any one can point me to a wiper motor for a reasonable price, I am all ears. I have seen last week's thread (For Sale - Restored C-body wiper motor) on rebuilt unit and on rebuilding one's own, but either approach is expensive -- so I hope one might be available for less.

You have inspections on antique / classic cars ?

I'll take 1. Mine is cracked and it is being fixed, but a new one would be good!

For the washer, there's nothing written in stone that says you have to use the correct year washer bottle. My 70 300 has a '75 ish C-body washer bottle. The going rate was about $35 on eBay, but there's no deals on one to be found today. Do your own "Wanted" ad here (which is the proper etiquette anyway) and use this pictures from my car and someone will have one. The other option is you buy a generic washer bottle on eBay (or somewhere else) for $20 to get you through inspection while you search for the "correct" bottle.
Washer Tank Pump Bottle Kit Universal Windshield Wiper Systems Quality Reservoir 608415765608 | eBay

washer bottle.jpg

Washer bottle 2.jpg

To address your dash lights, you didn't mention the symptoms, but chances are the dash dimmer switch needs to be rebuilt. This is the guy to deal with regarding that.... Don't screw around with another used one and any NOS switch will be oxidized from sitting around. 67 68 69 70 Chrysler Newport 300 Dash Light Dimmer Switch Rebuild Service | eBay

There... Get a wiper motor from Wolfen and your problems are solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back