71 Dodge Polara Brougham coupe

Small update. Picked up an NOS left Fender I scored on eBay. I passed on one a few months back and missed it. Wasn't gonna snooze on this one. Picked it up in eastern Ohio this morning. Beautiful day to take a cruise for brand new, old sheet metal. Hopefully they get back to me with more Polara stuff, they are slowly sorting through 5 trailers full of unlabeled NOS Mopar parts. More to come.

IMG_20170910_181600.jpg

I lost track of this thread and just got caught up, love your Magnum by the way. Great score on the fender, little by little and you will get there.

Like! Tell Dave your Polara Brougham needs a real Brougham interior real bad! And a lot more too. Sweet.

I just wish your car would remain its original color - love that Aztec gold with black or white interior. But keep up the good work in any case. Dave will be nothing but a good influence, I am sure......................

Wow! You sure got a lot of stuff ..... Glad you made it home safe . You should be set on the hard to find stuff .. Meeting you was a treat, you exuberance is impressive.
We have some nice young guns on this board with some talent.

Like! Tell Dave your Polara Brougham needs a real Brougham interior real bad! And a lot more too. Sweet.

I just wish your car would remain its original color - love that Aztec gold with black or white interior. But keep up the good work in any case. Dave will be nothing but a good influence, I am sure......................

Funny, I was encouraging him to do with it as he wishes and not be shy with changing things on that car

There's still a chance it gets on the road Gold, it won't stay gold, but I want to drive it sooner rather then later.

There's still a chance it gets on the road Gold, it won't stay gold, but I want to drive it sooner rather then later.

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Robert Frost ......

Wow! You sure got a lot of stuff ..... Glad you made it home safe . You should be set on the hard to find stuff .. Meeting you was a treat, you exuberance is impressive.
We have some nice young guns on this board with some talent.
Yes. 1/4 of my basement is a holding area for Polara Parts, also have some parts taking up real estate in an extra bedroom upstairs. It definitely was a pleasure Dave and I appreciate everything very much and now I know that's an easy drive! I definitely spent more on tolls then fuel....

Funny, I was encouraging him to do with it as he wishes and not be shy with changing things on that car
I'll say this...have you ever seen an Indigo Poly Dodge? I'm into the idea of making a car that never was, but as said before the Polara R/T idea isnt playing out well in my head. No stripes. No blackouts. It will ruin the car. Less is more with these Dodges.

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Robert Frost ......
Thank you Nature Boy!:lol:

But seriously, nothing wrong with some good quotable culture on this site.:thumbsup:

Nice score, Dave’s clearing out and you are cleaning up! So what happened with the black Polara parts car? Did you get that one?

Yes. 1/4 of my basement is a holding area for Polara Parts, also have some parts taking up real estate in an extra bedroom upstairs. It definitely was a pleasure Dave and I appreciate everything very much and now I know that's an easy drive! I definitely spent more on tolls then fuel....

I'll say this...have you ever seen an Indigo Poly Dodge? I'm into the idea of making a car that never was, but as said before the Polara R/T idea isnt playing out well in my head. No stripes. No blackouts. It will ruin the car. Less is more with these Dodges.

I think I know how to pull it off but everyone thinks they do too. It's been in my head for 35 years but will likely never happen...

Mood Indigo ....why not?

Back