Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaFuse

Reaction score
Contact seller
1971 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron {{{IT'S A BEAST!!}}
00M0M_kaapIgIhhAT_1200x900.jpg

01515_kViyVLAHxY7_1200x900.jpg

Cutting the dash for the radio is the only irreversible damage I see...

The checked repaint on this 1/4 is hopefully not on the entire car.
00Q0Q_eXrorSmn97J_1200x900.jpg
00i0i_4ePHDPvH6ZV_1200x900.jpg
00q0q_cdsUJsGKywl_1200x900.jpg
01515_7uVA6eSPSVj_1200x900.jpg

Funny, we did them the same way when we were young and didn't have/want wheel covers anymore, but were too broke/cheap to buy something different.

that is something different.
It is one thing to throw off wheelcovers. Then you ride on 15x5,5 original steel wheels

German style means buy deeper welded 15x8 black wheels and install them, turn the torsion bars down

Love the look of that Imp, black with a red gut is one of my favorite combos, and I love the RWL tires on the black steelies....I'd drive that car just the way it is....and have a big a$$ grin on my face doing it. Wish I had some spare cash.

And he's proud of his power vents! Ross has to know this guy....

NO tilt and NO cruise......
Would be a c00l car but not at 5 grand ....

Funny, we did them the same way when we were young and didn't have/want wheel covers .

My buddies dad bought a new 63 Valiant 2 door coupe w/6cyl and full wheel covers. He would borrow it and 1st thing would be to pop off the wheel covers and cruise the evening, then put them back before going home.
When I got my 62 Fury the wheel covers were the first to go. After a while It got ET black spoke's on the front and chrome reverse on the rear. That was in 65.

Sinister looking ride, probably scares kids and little old ladies, but the interior, that's very nice.

This is not good "patina"- it's called rust and damaged paint. The car needs a paint job, fender skirts, white walls and wheel covers.

I wish people would stop trying to make cars something they were never designed to be...it always looks "off".

I will concede to the nice interior.

You would think he would know it is a hard top? Lazy.
I like the patina, no worries about $219/mo.lease a-holes door dinging, rock chips at 80mph or loosing a big dollar hubcap. I would drive, and drive, and drive, and drive......

Last edited:
This is not good "patina"- it's called rust and damaged paint. The car needs a paint job, fender skirts, white walls and wheel covers.

I wish people would stop trying to make cars something they were never designed to be...it always looks "off".

I will concede to the nice interior.
Nonono... new black paint, plasti dip chrome and trim black, tint lights and little wider black wheels and tires. Nice murdered look car.

My buddies dad bought a new 63 Valiant 2 door coupe w/6cyl and full wheel covers. He would borrow it and 1st thing would be to pop off the wheel covers and cruise the evening, then put them back before going home.
When I got my 62 Fury the wheel covers were the first to go. After a while It got ET black spoke's on the front and chrome reverse on the rear. That was in 65.

Classic racing wheels

For those who were not around back then:
I have a soft spot for period correct aftermarket rims as well. Just came across this site, the ET rims you mentioned are included in the descriptions.

Personally I'm a bit obsessed with These German mid 60s Remotec rims, just about finishing a set for one of my cars.
remotec-lm-felge-f-bmw-youngtimer.jpg

Classic racing wheels

For those who were not around back then:
I have a soft spot for period correct aftermarket rims as well. Just came across this site, the ET rims you mentioned are included in the descriptions.

Personally I'm a bit obsessed with These German mid 60s Remotec rims, just about finishing a set for one of my cars.
View attachment 113314
Awesome link. Thank you, Klaus!!
You reunited me with my first, last, and only true love. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
TT_500x500.jpg

What an idiot! He knows nothing about the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back