71 monaco Wisconsin

I understand you don't want to part it out... if tge trunk floor drop downs are clean I would be interested in buying the whole car for those...thanks, Dave
I will check but I do believe the lower inner section of quarters are rusted through on the backside the trunk extension are solid though

Sale pending :)

Photos from the RHS.

upload_2020-12-9_16-26-19.jpeg

upload_2020-12-9_16-26-19.jpeg

Here is another one of the trunk.

upload_2020-12-9_16-27-8.png

Last edited:
I am starting to worry about you................................saga seems too familiar to me for some reason...................................:steering:

I am starting to worry about you................................saga seems too familiar to me for some reason...................................
Guilty as charged, your honor. The fender tag is here. Here's the build sheet. She came equipped with the A07 package and, as part of it, once had a rim blow wheel.

Resized_20201109_203321 build sheet.jpg

Last edited:
Now which route are you going: rebuild or parts?

Dunno yet :confused:

One-family car, the original owner is still alive: that argues for saving her. This said, the engine and trans have been in a Superbee for some time (after spending some time in a Duster), so she ain't gonna be numbers-matching again. Regardless, I am not sure what else she would need to be brought back to a shape that I would like (upholstery, carpet, and -- most importantly -- body work).

I plan to assess things with Wyatt once she gets to his shop next week. I know quite a few folks, me and you included, who could use some of the parts, so once I make a decision I'll be in touch. What you can be sure of is that, if I pull the plug on her, she'll help save/improve a number of others.

One-family car, the original owner is still alive: that argues for saving her. This said, the engine and trans have been in a Superbee for some time (after spending some time in a Duster), so she ain't gonna be numbers-matching again. Regardless, I am not sure what else she would need to be brought back to a shape that I would like (upholstery, carpet, and -- most importantly -- body work).

I plan to assess things with Wyatt once she gets to his shop next week. I know quite a few folks, me and you included, who could use some of the parts, so once I make a decision I'll be in touch. What you can be sure of is that, if I pull the plug on her, she'll help save/improve a number of others.
Wyatt and I were already talking about parts off this car for Delmae. Be honest, you bought the washer tank and they wouldn't remove the car from it

Wyatt and I were already talking about parts off this car for Delmae. Be honest, you bought the washer tank and they wouldn't remove the car from it
Wyatt has a great available tank or so he said. Why would he need that one?
This is a decent car that should have never been parted to the current point. I'd enjoy seeing it saved.

An original L code engine in a 4 door Monaco is rare................saving it would be warranted.

With all due respect as I have said I would love to see the car saved and enjoyed, I do understand sacrificing a car to save many though, I'm guilty of that I bought the car to save the car and daily drive it because the interior is excellent and the car really is not as bad as the pics make it look I had all intent but I have so many cars and trucks I've already started on and my house is still being built that this car will have to sit outside for months or.more before.i even got a chance to touch it so I want someone else to make time.for it

There is an alternative...You could hunt for the superbee and purchase it in order to reunite the exquisite
Monaco with its original powerplant. Then you could sell some parts from the superbee carcass, which will generate a few bucks to finance rust repair as well as the purchase of interior and trim pieces for the lovely Monaco. Congratulations on your superb acquisition and best of luck with it.

There is an alternative...You could hunt for the superbee and purchase it in order to reunite the exquisite
Monaco with its original powerplant. Then you could sell some parts from the superbee carcass, which will generate a few bucks to finance rust repair as well as the purchase of interior and trim pieces for the lovely Monaco. Congratulations on your superb acquisition and best of luck with it.

I like the way you think, Bro. Could not agree more!

Last edited:
383-2 was the base engine...I've had 2 DH23L1 cars and 1 DH41L1 car....

Am I missing something?

I screwed up, thinking 383-4, but that is an N code engine, not an L code, which is as you said, is a 383-2 engine. So nothing unusual at all. Go ahead and part it if needed. Thanks for correcting me!

Last edited:
Well, the Monaco arrived in the wee hours this morning. @71Polara383 says the front seats are really comfortable. Further assessment in daylight to follow.

Edit: if I decide that what makes the most sense is for the car to be parted out, then (i) I will post it here for resale at my cost -- minus the washer bottle -- to give her one last chance to live and (ii) if no one bites, then I will reach out to folks who I know will make good use of some of her parts -- including but not limited to @Walter Joy @Sideburn Daddy @B to C @Davews.

upload_2020-12-17_11-8-10.jpeg

upload_2020-12-17_11-10-47.jpeg

Last edited:
That's a really nice Car and I hope you can save it! You could probably use it as a DD without feeling too guilty

The 3 spoke steering wheel looks much better than the one that was on before. On this account alone, you can move forward and find an engine for the Monaco...(in a B body, of course)

Back