SOLD 71 newport royal w/440 magnum

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian6pac

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi guys,
I'm mostly on FABO site but I have had this newport for years in storage, lost my storage a few years ago and found out it had a leak. I don't want it to set out another winter so it's up for sale. The car originally had a 360 that I have and it now has a 70 440 magnum (F440 HP1)
on the block. It could be for sale with or without the 440, with or without the 360. Would like to get $5000 O.B.O.
Brian

a1.JPG

a2.JPG

a3.JPG

a5.JPG

a6.JPG

a7.JPG

a10.JPG

a11.JPG

a12.JPG

Sorry about the leaves but it wont be till tomorrow till I can get back to it, plus I'm trying to get the leave blower running to get all the leaves away from the engine and underneath.

Theyre no good for the car, in fact theyre bad.... get the vacuum or a broom. Youre inviting rust.

Brocade cloth in great condition, doorpanels nice and straight along the bottom, straight dashpad - looks like either low mileage or very well respected thru its life.

To expand on the 'leaves' comments:
For those not aware, if left to accumulate and break down, the leaves get down in the cowl, rain pushes them to nooks and crannies, where they turn to dirt, and hold moisture and can rust a cowl out. That gives water intrusion into the car that is hard to find, hard to fix.

I just thought of this - if we were all smart, we would put a long pieces of fine-mesh stainless-steel cloth over the area and fasten it in a few spots to keep it from sagging. Problem solved.

Then it all starts to rot out .... I always try and educate guys on these rust prone areas and why. Which is why I asked about the leaves

I would use a shop vac and make sure the cowl is completely free of leaves and debris all the way to the bottom of the cowl.

Shop vacs usually dont have small enough attachments to get where you need to get . The evil of it is you gotta wash it all out with water or compressed air on a high volume compressor . Dont forget behind the fender accesible through the front doors

A screw-on pencil tip on the garden hose will do wonders, I agree with Polara71, a shopvac won't get out the dirt that's already caked in the corners.

I have a long air hose and blow guns with long tubes on them so I can clean out all the tight places, It's just been raining every day and I haven't had time to get out there and do it. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are suppose to be nice so I'm going to try to clean it real good to get better pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back