For Sale 71 Sport Fury On FB In Phoenix Rare Color

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys.
This is a car forum.
Any political rant or name-calling is just out of place. Period.

its an easy 5k car being a PROMO..guy was smart to take it down and raise his price
I'm not so sure I agree with you... but I hate the idea of someone (who isn't me) jerking around their price to squeeze the last nickel out of a sale. Getting fair money for something is one thing, a car in this condition that will likely never be worth the restoration cost seems like something different to me.
So I’m thin skinned, a liberal, need to toughen up, playing the race card, have a bigger nose than dick, then there’s ole Oliver justifying the comment because Jew is a religion, not a race. Bottom line there is no place for “mildly anti-Semitic” on a site like this. I come here to learn about these cars and to perhaps find one I like enough to buy. And to fury fan, you got upset over the language I used, but you’re not upset that a member used a term that I found offensive. You all hide under the guise that people are so sensitive in today’s world. I’m 60 years old, I’ve probably had more up’s and downs in my life than most of you. Yes, Polara 71’s comment bothered me, if you can’t understand it then that’s on all of you.
Out of respect, I do my best to keep certain meaningless (to me) words and phrases out of my vocabulary... even though I grew up around them as having a meaning that is far more benign than what others see in them.

I can appreciate your first protest to the use... but now you sound a lot like every other entitled complainer I've run across (not saying that you are, just that's how this reads), as you feel fully justified in your actions... "because".

For WIW, I'm not really above the phrases either of you used. I may have been more apologetic than @polara71 , and I would have wanted make sure I spelled the words correctly while teaching the children who browse this site new phrases to use at the diner table. Then I'd have to apologize to @live4theking for the interesting conversation that created.

I feel it's noteworthy that you have had the option to edit your posts and did not feel the need to... "because". Personally, I'm glad this thread wasn't deleted... I'd thought it was. I am glad that it hasn't gotten farther out of hand. My last slur based Jewish statement was something like 15 years ago, made in reference to, and in the presence of my Jewish supervisor at that time... it wasn't poorly received, but it hasn't inspired me to reintroduce the language to regular use.

I am understanding that you felt it offensive or in poor taste... and @live4theking will now also get to explain the world's injustices to his children. I don't see how @fury fan offended you, other than letting you know how your language choice was inappropriate. I suppose I've just signed up for the same labeling... but I don't want to see you leave or anything... just move back into whatever you enjoy here.

I love this site, and won't leave. I love all Mopars; it's my passion. My dad worked for Chrysler for 20 years, I got the bug from him. As the general manager of a dealership in NJ he would bring home a new car (usually C Bodies) every few weeks; those were the days when employees were given cars for personal use. I would visit his dealership as often as possible; thinking about that now, I can't believe all the signs, pamphlets, banners, etc., that I could have asked the owner for, but who knew this stuff would one day be valuable. Since I mentioned my dad, if anyone on here ever finds a car from Castle Motors in Paramus, NJ, please let me know. I have been looking for a car from there for years. Castle Motors is long gone, but the memories I have of that place will remain with me the rest of my life.

I don't even remember how this went sideways!

I agree with Jeff, @cantflip that the car will.never be worth what it will cost to restore, that's why it needs to go to someone who will LOVE this car the way it should be loved. I don't agree with pulling the ad to squeeze every last nickel, but upon finding out that it may be a bit more unique than originally thought, o don't have a problem trying to get some more out of it. I paid $1650 for my 66 Monaco (there, it's out) and it will need about the same attention, if it's getting restored it's getting everything worked over. I'm telling myself at least 20k, I hope it stays under or at that number, I've accepted that while towing the car home. I can restore the car and maybe get 15k or so out of it. A car that needs more popular I'm demand parts (competition) vs my car that no one but me see to be buying, it will cost more. I'm not saying anything that y'all don't know, but reaffirming why the car shouldn't be priced a lot higher than it originally was. It's a cool colored car with some.nice options, even if a 318 car.

I love this site, and won't leave. I love all Mopars; it's my passion. My dad worked for Chrysler for 20 years, I got the bug from him. As the general manager of a dealership in NJ he would bring home a new car (usually C Bodies) every few weeks; those were the days when employees were given cars for personal use. I would visit his dealership as often as possible; thinking about that now, I can't believe all the signs, pamphlets, banners, etc., that I could have asked the owner for, but who knew this stuff would one day be valuable. Since I mentioned my dad, if anyone on here ever finds a car from Castle Motors in Paramus, NJ, please let me know. I have been looking for a car from there for years. Castle Motors is long gone, but the memories I have of that place will remain with me the rest of my life.
Wow, I was born and raised in Paramus, lived there 29 years. I remember seeing that emblem on many a Mopar back in the day, as a matter of fact I'm pretty sure my sister's Duster came from there, I'll have to dig up some old pictures. Do you still live in the area?

A05DE21E-C98E-48B3-A9A9-73B30F033824.jpeg
F5811FC8-F016-4138-B7A5-809C5081947E.jpeg

Good. Stick around.

I'm just glad I was able to use that piece of Milton Berle trivia. Here's to offending NJ residents:

For WIW, I'm not really above the phrases either of you used. I may have been more apologetic than @polara71 , and I would have wanted make sure I spelled the words correctly while teaching the children who browse this site new phrases to use at the diner table. Then I'd have to apologize to @live4theking for the interesting conversation that created.

I feel it's noteworthy that you have had the option to edit your posts and did not feel the need to... "because". Personally, I'm glad this thread wasn't deleted... I'd thought it was. I am glad that it hasn't gotten farther out of hand. My last slur based Jewish statement was something like 15 years ago, made in reference to, and in the presence of my Jewish supervisor at that time... it wasn't poorly received, but it hasn't inspired me to reintroduce the language to regular use.

I am understanding that you felt it offensive or in poor taste... and @live4theking will now also get to explain the world's injustices to his children. I don't see how @fury fan offended you, other than letting you know how your language choice was inappropriate. I suppose I've just signed up for the same labeling... but I don't want to see you leave or anything... just move back into whatever you enjoy here.
Cantflip, thanks for the consideration. Fortunately my children haven't looked over my shoulder while I've read this post. It seems as though the content has been less than admirable and below our normal standard.

My thanks to all who do take into consideration what they are posting since the next generation of car enthusiast are already developing their interest in both the cars we love from the 50's - 70's as well as the modern Mopars.

I understand how our language can so easily become polluted with profanities and the such I used to swear up a storm myself.

So, FCBO will now be listed as a hate site by the ADL?
It's funny how when a 'goy' says something it's considered racist, yet Jews are just as racist as any other group, and considering how vocal and influential Jews have been regarding open borders and infinite immigration by the third world into White nations, Jews in Israel demand and implement separate rules for themselves, to protect their identity/race, hypocritical much? Israel adopts divisive Jewish nation-state law

It's funny how when a 'goy' says something it's considered racist, yet Jews are just as racist as any other group, and considering how vocal and influential Jews have been regarding open borders and infinite immigration by the third world into White nations, Jews in Israel demand and implement separate rules for themselves, to protect their identity/race, hypocritical much? Israel adopts divisive Jewish nation-state law
Dude, you’re a little late to the dance.

It's amazing what one sees and how they view what they see when looking through a clear glass window.
However paint the backside of that same window with silver and oh my how their all around view of things do change. !!!!

Why?

37315388505_ca471d4e40_b.jpg

Damn, now where was that resurrected zombie thread from 3 years ago with the post about supermarket corn on the cob that I was reading and wanted to add a rant-rukus too.

:drama: :mob::elmer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back