72 Fury III - She Lives!! Drives and Stops .. Carb and vacuum Questions

On the average the torque converter hold six quarts, trans is three. To drain the converter, remove the inspection cover at the front of the trans, rotate the engine until you see the drain plug, (Rotate engine by hand). Some times it helps to raise the rear of the car slightly. Remove plug and let it drain out, (get a large drain pan). Replace the plug, and remove the pan, and replace the filter, and clean the gasket surface real good. reinstall everything and start refilling the fluid. You probably will not get all of the old fluid out, but most of it. The amount you refill will of course vary. Remember, "CHECK THE TRANS FLUID LEVEL AT OPERATING TEMPERATURE, ON LEVEL GROUND, ENGINE RUNNING IN NEUTRAL". I would plan on ten quarts, but it would probably be around 8 - 9 you refill.

Just a reminder to make sure you have your trans pump pressure linkage reattached at the carburetor and adjusted properly.
Thank you... I haven't touched it or removed the carb yet so I imagine it should be adjusted from last time car ran...if it was correct then... Any tips or links on hiw to adjust it?

Back