72 Imperial, Power Seat Switch

If you have a problem, throw money on it.

I have concluded that when I go to Partsvoice to search for a given part number, and the only vendor that comes up with the part is Collectors Auto Supply, then I go to the AMS Obsolete website (Frank Mitchell's old business) and search for the part there, and sure enough it always (so far) shows they have the part, but at somewhat less than Collectors wants for it. So Collectors seems to have put the AMS Obsolete part numbers as their own on Partsvoice, but in reality they just buy from AMS and mark up the part even more than the really high prices from AMS. AMS doesn't participate, directly at least, on Partsvoice for some reason.

If I needed a power seat switch, I would just call Murray Park in Tiffin, Ohio or maybe Wildcat Auto Wrecking in Sandy, Oregon and ask them to get you one. I am almost certain they can meet your need with a good used one. Any other approach is probably too expensive anymore given the dwindling supply of NOS. I would also think that the derby guys must have a ton of these stashed away that they stripped from Imperials on their way to be destroyed (wecrash.com).

Good luck.

I found that out about 11 years ago. In buying a grille. Paid a kings ransom for one, then located another the next day. When I called the guy he had just sold it. Thats when I realized what Collectors does. They dont own any parts.... most of their listings on partsvoice says they have 22 of something, everything. They are a broker and nothing more

Just want to add one teeny tidbit.
Murray Park has bought stuff off of my pal Lance....

Yes, he has a lot of his own personal Mopars, but I wonder if he ever gets the time to work on them given how busy he always is................ Kind of like me for the last 20 years. But now I get to play when I retired almost 2 years ago now. It is great being off the treadmill....................!

Back