72 Imperial, Power Seat Switch

Wile E Coyote

Super Genius
Reaction score
Found an NOS switch for $480...... :huh:

(1) What other year switches will work?
(2) Is this Imperial specific or will other C-body switches work?
(3) Any crossover to B-body switches or is this C-body only?

Any information will be appreciated if anyone has any experiences or knowledge to share regarding these switches.

Thanks!

IMG_20140330_151844_188.jpg

IMG_20140330_152458_416.jpg

I'll go out on a limb and presume you found that on e-bay and sold by Frank Mitchell or you located it on Collectors auto supply, thats a bunch of money

Failing to find a suitable replacement, you can buy Dorman (Help!) GM switches that you can use to repair your switch bank. Not a plug n play but it can be done.
Or pay $480.00.

Posted via Topify on Android

Failing to find a suitable replacement, you can buy Dorman (Help!) GM switches that you can use to repair your switch bank. Not a plug n play but it can be done.
Or pay $480.00.

Can you elaborate?

Damn you. Now I have to recall some fried brain cells put into storage. Lol.
Years ago, a friend had a 70's-sumthin Chrysler with a bad driver's side switch bank. He was cheap so he asked me to give it a shot. At AutoZone or one of those places that had a humongous Help! display, I looked at the switch section and couldn't find any Mopar switches (of course) but I noticed that the GM toggles were identical. I'm guessing same supplier? Anyway, I could disect the GM switch assemblies of their switches and use them in the Chrysler switch assemblies. Perfect fit. The only problem was you had to do some real small desoldering and resoldering. Please don't ask me to recall which GM switches specifically. I just picked out ones by visual similarities.

Last edited:
Being on CAS suggests that someone else is selling that same switch for a hell of a lot less. Keep searching

Report back, please. I'd like to know your results.
Unfortunately the chains have drastically downsized the Dorman/Help! section over the years ( to expand the LED bling and stick-on portholes section).
What used to be 40' of aisle is down to about 8' of shelf space.

It's coming back to me..........

I used the 2-way toggle from a Dorman 49225 or the 49269 window switch for the forward/aft and tilt switches.
I could not find what I used for the 4-way toggle.

A further note, an AutoZone, et al, seat switch for a Jeep might be able to replace the guts entirely..

c1960.jpg
2wpjno1.jpg

Here's used GM switch on ebay for 15 bucks.....

$_3.JPG

Report back, please. I'd like to know your results.
Unfortunately the chains have drastically downsized the Dorman/Help! section over the years ( to expand the LED bling and stick-on portholes section).
What used to be 40' of aisle is down to about 8' of shelf space.

You are correct Sir - Dorman was a dead end. Even checked on line with them; notta.

Back