Can't believe they didn't paint the valence:(
Lets see some interior pics!
I think you should name her Tanya..

Or maybe Tawny... kinda sounds like a stripper name:rofl:
I think you’re right.
“Tonight at The Landing Strip Lounge, Tawny Gold!” :D

I think you’re right.
“Tonight at The Landing Strip Lounge, Tawny Gold!” :D
I can think of many combinations of the "Tawny Gold" moniker! I keep having images of a gold thong.
OMG, it must be my sleep deprivation!
:rofl:

I found a photo of my Tawny Gold 1971 Imperial while sorting through my photos this morning. It doesn't look so bad in this photo inside my garage with the lights on (the garage is in the final building stages back in 2013). The vinyl top matches the paint, so that helps too. 46K miles but hasn't been driven much in years so I operate it off of a slave can. Thus I need to clean out the fuel system before putting it back on the road. Original paint except the right front fender due to a minor crease in the past apparently (can't see in this photo), but it matches pretty well.

100_5326.jpg

I found a photo of my Tawny Gold 1971 Imperial while sorting through my photos this morning. It doesn't look so bad in this photo inside my garage with the lights on (the garage is in the final building stages back in 2013). The vinyl top matches the paint, so that helps too. 46K miles but hasn't been driven much in years so I operate it off of a slave can. Thus I need to clean out the fuel system before putting it back on the road. Original paint except the right front fender due to a minor crease in the past apparently (can't see in this photo), but it matches pretty well.

View attachment 219056
Love your car! The 1971 model is one of my favorites!

Both Imperials are phenomenal! Saforwadlook, I`d like to see more of yours.

When there are so many cars, it is hard to take enough photos of them. But I will try to keep more coming. I am hoping Doc passes me up in total number of the later model Imperials (maybe he hopefully has!). I have 1 triple white 73 2 door with 32k miles, 1 72 4 door with drivetrain/suspension etc. all rebuilt except the engine (which still runs like a top and even the autotemp II works), 2 1971 coupes - the one above and another one also with low miles that is honeydew with a green top and incredible interior, a 1969 B9 blue coupe/white leather bucket seat interior with low miles and a few 1960 Imperials, all but one a coupe. Crazy! :realcrazy:

Last edited:
When there are so many cars, it is hard to take enough photos of them. But I will try to keep more coming. I am hoping Doc passes me up in total number of the later model Imperials (maybe he hopefully has!). I have 1 triple white 73 2 door with 32k miles, 1 72 4 door with drivetrain/suspension etc. all rebuilt except the engine (which still runs like a top and even the autotemp II works), 2 1971 coupes - the one above and another one also with low miles that is honeydew with a green top and incredible interior, a 1969 B7 blue coupe with low miles and a few 1960 Imperials, all but one a coupe. Crazy! :realcrazy:
I think you have me beat...:lol:

Two beautiful rides, congratulations. While I like and appreciate both designs, the earlier car just has that special "something" for me.

Wishing you lots of Joy and happiness with them both.
I got a 74 that is in rough shape that will confuse everyone if I park it next to these two!

You sure have wide open fields in NM - I almost forgot what that looks like. Very nice.

Wow.When an engine bay looks shiny and there is no rust on the compressor or it,s pulleys you get real excited.If you pay attention you can see the brake anti slip module on the left.Fantastic.B.B

Back