NOT MINE 72 Polara Custom 2 dr $12k

Seats into the garbage. Console into the garbage. Engine into the garbage. Wheels sold on FB.

Find some shiny original bumpers from a donor.
Kirkey Racing seats.
Build a badass 440 that you can force some air into. Cut the hole in the hood so it'll have a hood
Slots or Torque thrusts.
4:56 with a spool.

Burnout monster for Cleetus and cars events at Bradenton/Freedom Factory.
That would be interesting... I wouldn't do the spool... A car with a spool is really hard to back up.

Even worse is trying to push one backwards by hand.... Especially at 7:00 AM on a Sunday morning and you've let the car roll over by the storm drain across from the shop. Then you have to start it (open headers) so you can still load it on the trailer to get to the races. And when you get back, the neighbors come over to ***** at you...

That would be interesting... I wouldn't do the spool... A car with a spool is really hard to back up.

Even worse is trying to push one backwards by hand.... Especially at 7:00 AM on a Sunday morning and you've let the car roll over by the storm drain across from the shop. Then you have to start it (open headers) so you can still load it on the trailer to get to the races. And when you get back, the neighbors come over to ***** at you...
I was just thinking burnout monster instead of the abomination it is currently.

005-crusher-impala.jpg

Something like the Crusher Impala the Roadkill guys built. Car is bad ***, for a chebbie.

Does anybody remember the crazy carbonmonoxided driver with the purple 73 fury in Thunderbolt and Lightfoot?.....just sayin!

Why that would even be brought up is BS.

Yes Dave and I are going back and forth about a car neither of us are going to buy. I have my vision. He expects stock original lame survivors for his vision. The reality is, no one cared about them enough back when it mattered to preserve them. They were just cars, and they still are.
His glass is pretty much empty, mine is half full on this one. I see what this car could easily become to redeem itself, or what I would do to make it acceptable. But the purists here would never approve regardless.

Whomever did this to the Polara missed the mark by a mile.

I listed what needs to be done. You listed your opinion. Both glasses are equally filled. The resurrection in my opinion is more difficult because it has the guideline standards of the factory, yours is kinda haphazard.

You know... If that car was $2000 instead of $12,000, there's a lot to work with.

First, it's a Florida car. I would expect the rust to be minimal. There isn't any rust that jumps out at you in the under hood pic.

Second, it's an A/C car, even though it's all missing. Disc brake car too.

360 engine wouldn't be bad. The interior has some good and bad... Door panels actually look decent. I don't know if those are stock buckets under those Advance Zone seat covers and the dash pad is cracked, but not as bad as most I've seen. That radio screwed to the dash is a little rough. Loose the console (obviously) and find a decent steering wheel.

So, if this could be bought for $2k, you'd have a lot to work with. Another couple grand and some work, it could be a decent driver. Combined with a rusty, but complete parts car, it could really be something....

But it's priced way out of sight so none of that will happen. Some dumbass will fall in love with it and buy it for $6 or 7k and then come on here wondering what would be the best air bag kit.

I listed what needs to be done. You listed your opinion. Both glasses are equally filled. The resurrection in my opinion is more difficult because it has the guideline standards of the factory, yours is kinda haphazard.
I just see what they were going for, and what it would need to achieve the proper end result.

They achieved what they were going for.
Your image is different, similar but different.

If I were to modify it, it would be dressed in day 2 mods. Similar to yours but different.

Put a price on it as is Wyatt.

In a weird, rednecky/Mad Max way, I actually like it...sorta. Two grand might be the high limit on this gem, though. It's guaranteed that people will move out of your way in this, just so they don't contract something.
Reading all your comments and all of a sudden I could hear banjos in my head!

Back