NOT MINE 72 Polara Custom 2 dr $12k

Never mind that the car at 2k might be worth it.
Even if given for free, the money required to get it to whatever your vision for the car would be, would be stupid money straight down the drain.
Parts car.

Never mind that the car at 2k might be worth it.
Even if given for free, the money required to get it to whatever your vision for the car would be, would be stupid money straight down the drain.
Parts car.
I dunno... It would depend a lot on your vision.

To restore the car to what it looked like in 1972 would take some time and cash... and like most other C-body projects, would never even break if you sold it after you finished it.

You have to admit that the millennial clown car look has to go, but to turn the car into something you could drive to cars and coffee at the Dairy Queen wouldn't take that much. Yea, if you bought it for $2k, you'd easily toss another $2k at it to make it presentable. At $4k, that could be a low buck, entry level car.

Of course, the present owner of the car hasn't done the car any favors, but based only on the pictures, not much that can't be undone. You also may get there and it's a bondo'd up turd with red paint... and yes, that's now a parts car.

At the asking price, this is never going to happen, so it's a moot point... But it's still good for discussion.

late to party on this. finally looke at faceplant pics myself.

first, I am NOT REMOTELY a buyer even though I have all the bright work, wheels, another interior, etc. to make it decent. And I like it (even though I am more an R/B guy).

second, guess IF ITS NOT RUSTY/puttied up, I'd do $4K (so that's $3k max, $1K for the lift) delivered 800 miles. Then $3K to make it a neat driver to my standards. It wouldn't be going to any concours shows at that investment.

last, i am honestly NOT dissing seller's $$ expectation- he's free to ask whatever he wants. Likewise, any of us can freely pass at that expectation.

However, as its already been said. at five digits, even at 50% of that, it might take a while to move this one.

I wish him luck finding a home.

Who...the driver ?
Clint of course, Jeff Bridges and Bill McKinney scene; didn't take much to entertain people back in the day, I don't recall seeing it however!
I do recall a few cars in my small northern Ontario town growing up being jacked up to the hilt, how " COOL " has changed over the years.

I never put those 2 together, but they are the same guy. Let that be a lesson!, dont sniff the tailpipe!!

Look at the shackles on that thing, dang.....

plymouth.jpg

Not mine

View attachment 638496
To me this is somewhere between an eyesore and an abomination. It's going to take someone with the exact same taste as the current owner to want to buy this "thing".

Back