72 Red Imperial Dog Dishes Off Good or Bad?

I like the original wheels but needs the thin whitewalls like the other samples shown on here. There is a reason why some things become 'Classic'. As they say, why mess with success? jmho

Pictures, or it didn't happen:D
Just now...picture proof...guess I was stupid to pull those dishes off yesterday.
20170906_101958.jpg
20170906_101725.jpg

I'll keep my stock covers on, but if I were to change them, I'd do it like the black car.
Imp @ night.jpg
1972_Chry_Imp_LeBaron_Wheel covers.jpg

Are the wheels on the black car custom? They look nice.

They're from early 60's Imperial, someone mentioned here if I remember correctly.
There was a thread on this forum somewhere, but I just saved the pic and thought they looked better than 70 thru 75 covers.

When I bought my '73 Imperial Coupe (the yellow one w/sunroof) circa 2000 I was told that the original owner removed the factory wheel covers on day one and changed to Motorwheel Spyders. It had 3 of them on when I bought it. Someone stole the 4th while it was in storage.

mag%2Bbabe%2Ba193.jpg

early 70s women...so much better than now.

They're from early 60's Imperial, someone mentioned here if I remember correctly.
There was a thread on this forum somewhere, but I just saved the pic and thought they looked better than 70 thru 75 covers.

'63 gets rid of the stamping. I learned sumptin.
635.jpg

'65 not far off.
e47cd43ca4bafeccc271a5daf8f90823--hub-caps-cap-dagde.jpg

You know, since you have a 5in bolt pattern, early 80's chevy pickups have road wheels...

chevy c10.jpg

Just a word of advice... my wires, which I love btw, are 7" wide... I can barely get a finger between the tire and the fender skirt. So I wouldn't go any wider than a 7" rim. Just speaking from experience here.

Back