72 Red Imperial Dog Dishes Off Good or Bad?

Just a word of advice... my wires, which I love btw, are 7" wide... I can barely get a finger between the tire and the fender skirt. So I wouldn't go any wider than a 7" rim. Just speaking from experience here.
My setup now is tight...I thought I was rubbing the fender yesterday while driving her but no proof when I inspected rears...I imagine they're 7" rims too.

Well...I just about fell off my kitchen bar stool when I saw this blue Imperial pop up on a C Body Facebook page I am a member...Harald in Austria...I love your Imperial...hope you don't mind me drooling and sharing if you are a member here. My day is complete now and it's only 3 am.
bluewow.jpg

Well...I just about fell off my kitchen bar stool when I saw this blue Imperial pop up on a C Body Facebook page I am a member...Harald in Austria...I love your Imperial...hope you don't mind me drooling and sharing if you are a member here. My day is complete now and it's only 3 am.View attachment 141838
Love the car but those are amongst my least favorite wheels.

I read this quote yesterday from another C body site:
"Putting Cragars and raised white letters on an Imperial is like wearing running shoes with a tuxedo."
It's true and equally painful. So I'm in love with an Imperial and I bought one...But, Fury must run in my veins apparently.

Doc, if you haven't guessed, I like the car the way it is now, and if it we're mine it would stay that way, it just has a little attitude, and I think it goes with an eye popping color like fire truck red. Handing it back over to our Original Equipment staff!

:rofl: Those guys are still around, we have a couple near me.
Oh yea, still see em. Chromed stamped steel rims .. perhaps a long CB antenna, a Summit racing sticker and a case of oil next to your case of Pabst ... rollin'.

This is a very useless thread. Put some appropriate IMPERIAL wheel covers on it and stop playing all these silly what-ifs.
It's the only way to go on that car and nobody could fault it. All these crazy other options will only set you up for ridicule. Except from the 16 year old Chevy fanbois at Dairy Queen. Or is that your target audience?
And Road Wheels are not an option because they require spacer adapters and that's even worse.
There. I said it. :rolleyes:

Back