727 line ports

66SportFury

Reaction score
I must be getting old, because I'm forgetting things. Ok, putting in a new cooler today and I'm making sure I'm running the lines correctly from the trans to the cooler. If I remember the front line coming out of the trans is the pressure or hot side and the rear is the return? I would want to run the pressure side to the top fitting of the cooler and the return would be on the bottom. I believe I'm right, but just making sure! See pic.

727resto.jpg

You are correct. Front to top and rear to bottom. Granted I have done it both ways and didn't have any trouble either way.

I figured you could go either way, but I think weird sometimes and figured instead of pushing the fluid up the cooler out the top fitting, it would better to let it flow top to bottom. It probably doesn't matter, but that's how I'm going to do it. Cooler is big,..holy cooler Batman!!

Doesn't really matter if not plumbing radiator cooler in since pressure will move from high to low.

I hear ya's and I agree. I just went with what I mentioned above. The install went well. I like the way it came out and how it looks. Much better than the old cooler.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hey Moper I'll ask your opinion or anyone else. I have 10 in converter with 440 in a 69 barracuda and I have been debating to just run a cooler like 66sf or to do it the way the hemi cars were done air cooler to rad cooler to keep it from going to low in colder temps, car is not going to be year round but will get some leg stretches as long as salt is off the road. Just asking because I have been going back and forth.

Back