For Sale 73 Imperial daily driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I uploaded two videos today. I was just going through paperwork looking for the title. Haven't located it yet but I found a build sheet and many of my repair records from GA. Tires, exhaust work, motor mounts, etc. I also found a print out from Lincoln Nebraska of the car's weight on a truck scale. this must have been on my way back from buying the car in Boise. The car's weight is listed as 5440 which included whatever stuff was in the car + gas at the time.

Uploading more videos!
I'm ready.
giphy.gif

Thanks for the video, honestly I don't mind the scrapes and rust at all. I'd feel guilty to use it as an all weather driver if it was a creampuff. Keep the videos coming

My next goal is to get video of it in motion. I'll need help for that.
I've duct taped a phone to a coat hanger and stuck it in the ground before if you don't have a tripod. Then you can do film Imperial figure eights in a parking lot hands free!

Yes, I uploaded two videos today. I was just going through paperwork looking for the title. Haven't located it yet but I found a build sheet and many of my repair records from GA. Tires, exhaust work, motor mounts, etc. I also found a print out from Lincoln Nebraska of the car's weight on a truck scale. this must have been on my way back from buying the car in Boise. The car's weight is listed as 5440 which included whatever stuff was in the car + gas at the time.
Gregg check the curb weight.
FB_IMG_1520364499281.jpg

Does it really only have a 20 gallon fuel tank? Hmmmm, I would have guessed more.

Gregg, looks like you guys got hammered with snow on the Imperial. Just saw your latest video. Thanks.

Hey Gregg in one of your videos you mentioned possibly needing a new fan shroud. I think I found one, is this it? A little research said it went on many C bodies of all engine sizes but it didn't list the Imperial as one.
20180309_100318.jpg
20180309_101359.jpg

Hey Gregg in one of your videos you mentioned possibly needing a new fan shroud. I think I found one, is this it? A little research said it went on many C bodies of all engine sizes but it didn't list the Imperial as one.View attachment 172886 View attachment 172887
No thats not it. That's plastic, like the one on my old 76 Cutlass. The one for the Imperial is fiberglass. I don't see a part number. I could fix mine with fiberglass resin and then paint it black, but if you can find one in the yard you go to, would be easier.

Gregg, looks like you guys got hammered with snow on the Imperial. Just saw your latest video. Thanks.
DON-- I have lots of short videos up. I wish all people who had Imperials would have their own youtube channel. Love to see videos of yours.

Well today's the day. Paul is a SUPER nice guy and I'm so glad he's getting the old girl. I got a tire for it, it has 4 good ones and the spare, it's running good, even made it through the snowstorms with no problems.
Please don't get mad at me folks, for not having an Imperial or C body anymore. I just can't do it any more because when you can only have one car, and you work part time, it's too much.
Having an Imperial is like having a hot girlfriend and a relationship with great sex. Its awesome to be seen with her but in private the maintenance and drama is too much. Trust me, this car has been a substitute for a girlfriend. On a nice day, I love to drive her around, take her to cruises, and feel that 440 on the highway. But she's high maintenance, lots of gas, and I can't find some parts. Have you ever had a difficult relationship with a super hot GF? That's what it's like for me.
So after Paul takes her over, I will be driving a Corolla. It's like having a plain, boring wife with no personality. But shes there. No fighting, no drama, no cheating. Others will not be lusting after her. She will start, run, and get me to work and errands, and to dinner and my social events. But there's no personality. no spark.
Old mopars are alive. When you drive them, there is a bond. You can feel it's heart beating. There is fire in its soul. You almost feel as though it is alive and loves you for caring for it, giving it attention. But it need a lot of money, attention, time and resources. Whether it's an Imperial or a Charger. I just don't have that determination right now. I need a boring car to get me to work and allow me to do other things in my life.
But I'll still be on here, watching it's progress. Hopefully Paul will post its progress.

Well today's the day. Paul is a SUPER nice guy and I'm so glad he's getting the old girl. I got a tire for it, it has 4 good ones and the spare, it's running good, even made it through the snowstorms with no problems.
Please don't get mad at me folks, for not having an Imperial or C body anymore. I just can't do it any more because when you can only have one car, and you work part time, it's too much.
Having an Imperial is like having a hot girlfriend and a relationship with great sex. Its awesome to be seen with her but in private the maintenance and drama is too much. Trust me, this car has been a substitute for a girlfriend. On a nice day, I love to drive her around, take her to cruises, and feel that 440 on the highway. But she's high maintenance, lots of gas, and I can't find some parts. Have you ever had a difficult relationship with a super hot GF? That's what it's like for me.
So after Paul takes her over, I will be driving a Corolla. It's like having a plain, boring wife with no personality. But shes there. No fighting, no drama, no cheating. Others will not be lusting after her. She will start, run, and get me to work and errands, and to dinner and my social events. But there's no personality. no spark.
Old mopars are alive. When you drive them, there is a bond. You can feel it's heart beating. There is fire in its soul. You almost feel as though it is alive and loves you for caring for it, giving it attention. But it need a lot of money, attention, time and resources. Whether it's an Imperial or a Charger. I just don't have that determination right now. I need a boring car to get me to work and allow me to do other things in my life.
But I'll still be on here, watching it's progress. Hopefully Paul will post its progress.
Look at Paul, he was just posting about his first Mopar, now he's getting another! And the cycle continues. :thumbsup:

Gregg you'll be cheating on your Corolla in no time.:poke:
I'm a practicing polygamist. :rofl:

Well are are all checked in and waiting to depart, here's our flight haha
20180323_091202.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back