73 Imperial "McGoldy" to join the Minnesota herd.

And I bypassed Mankato this Morning. I stayed in New Ulm last night. I should have drove through snooping for Imperials.
Gotta ask, what road you took, you were an hour away in new ulm, Mankato is 45 minutes away.

FB_IMG_1536868505884.jpg
FB_IMG_1536868513576.jpg

Gotta ask, what road you took, you were an hour away in new ulm, Mankato is 45 minutes away.

I don’t remember the road numbers, I was chasing an address in my Phone.
I came straight down from St. Cloud to New Ulm. And then from New Ulm to Nicollet which is about 1/2 way between New Ulm and Mankato. From Nicollet I kind of headed North East, and went through New Prague on my way to Northfield.
I put on 891 miles from Tuesday afternoon through Thursday night.
Fargo- Stillwater- St. Croix Falls- St. Cloud- New Ulm- Northfield- St Cloud- Fargo.
Back to regularly scheduled programming.

Another nice Imperial Doc! :thumbsup:
I'm going to have to see this collection some day.

Halloween Blizzard 1991.
A true Minnesotan always accentuates the negative don't ya know!
The year I wasn't here, the snowstorm I wanted since '81 or '82. Heard it sucked, then came home to washboard roads over Christmas. I was glad to go back to Philly.

I will take the cold over the heat any time. I enjoyed it much more when I lived in Wyoming at -10 than I do now in California at 100+.

I will take the cold over the heat any time. I enjoyed it much more when I lived in Wyoming at -10 than I do now in California at 100+.
I'm with ya there Duncan...Ido like the change of seasons...and prefer the cooler temps.

I may have to swing down from Winnipeg for a Whale watching tour! Great Imperials.

Doc, is the paint code on your data plate JY6? I like the color on that one the best of your cars. Very nice.

Having said that, either the photos are not in good light or the paint looks a little dull - does it need some buffing and polishing or is that just the way it is.

Last edited:
Doc, is the paint code on your data plate JY6? I like the color on that one the best of your cars. Very nice.

Having said that, either the photos are not in good light or the paint looks a little dull - does it need some buffing and polishing or is that just the way it is.

You are correct on all accounts. She's a California car originally...I picked her up from Washington state. She is faded from the West coast sun, so a bit flat in color. First, thing is go through her mechanically. PO says she's like a time capsule...so not much has been touched or rebuilt. Brakes and fuel line system my first to have checked out. Brake booster and cylinder almost automatic for me with these barges. The coupe (Little Red) and Tina Patina are ahead of her in the body paint queue, if I do anything to her...couple scratches and dings here and there...But, I like the little battle scars.

McGoldy has a lot of competition for beauty.
View attachment 209925
Haven't been able to figure out why, but certain colors (non-metallic, etc.) that you could never get away with on slab-side ('65-68") cars; look just fine on these, like this red for instance; or my favorite............a friend of mine in AL has one of these in honeydew yellow known as "Imperial margarine...."

THANKS for sharing these.

Back