73 Imperial "McGoldy" to join the Minnesota herd.

Getting closer!

20230113_164300.jpg

If going 4-post, I would suggest getting a jack with it if budget allows. It increases the usefulness allowing you to remove the wheels, work on the brakes, etc.
4 post is great unless you want to do more than stack cars and change their oil…

4 post is great unless you want to do more than stack cars and change their oil…
at work i use a 18000lb rotary four post with two roll around jacks 100% of the time. there's nothing i would not do with it with the possible exception of r+r'ing front wheel drive transmissions. i don't do body work but they are good for that also as they allow full access to all four sides of the vehicle and the doors can be opened with the vehicle lifted to working height. at home i have a rotary 12000lb four post with no roll around jacks that i use primarily for storage. when i need to work on my truck, i have tripod stands that i can use to lift one end of the vehicle at a time if i need to remove wheels. here doing the timing chain in my f350:
008.JPG

Last edited:
is that a
at work i use a 18000lb rotary four post with two roll around jacks 100% of the time. there's nothing i would not do with it with the possible exception of r+r'ing front wheel drive transmissions. i don't do body work but they are good for that also as they allow full access to all four sides of the vehicle and the doors can be opened with the vehicle lifted to working height. at home i have a rotary 12000lb four post with no roll around jacks that i use primarily for storage. when i need to work on my truck, i have tripod stands that i can use to lift one end of the vehicle at a time if i need to remove wheels. here doing the timing chain in my f350:View attachment 576142
is that a vulcan tow body?

Well, it took 9 months for the new build...But, we are finally in the new place. When the weather gets better I will get McGoldy over here. I have to get her out of the old place anyway as that house is going on the market in a month roughly. The houses in the old neighborhood have been selling in a week or so. I just hate moving Imperials in the winter.

Imperial garage.jpg

Well, it took 9 months for the new build...But, we are finally in the new place. When the weather gets better I will get McGoldy over here. I have to get her out of the old place anyway as that house is going on the market in a month roughly. The houses in the old neighborhood have been selling in a week or so. I just hate moving Imperials in the winter.

View attachment 578947
Is the lake house the new HQ?

Is the lake house the new HQ?
My wifey finally won the fight. I didn't want to do it. She designed everything but the garage on the new place. We tore down the cute little seasonal salt box cabin April 2022. A St. Paul dentist had built it in '49. He passed in the early 2000's. And 18 years of my own memories with all my seven yellow labs...several in heaven now. I guess new memories starting now.

Resized_20230120_134350(1).jpeg

Resized_20230120_134818.jpeg

Resized_20210428_145209(1).jpeg

Nice house, that lounge area, with the big windows looking out onto the lake is fantastic.

My wifey finally won the fight. I didn't want to do it. She designed everything but the garage on the new place. We tore down the cute little seasonal salt box cabin April 2022. A St. Paul dentist had built it in '49. He passed in the early 2000's. And 18 years of my own memories with all my seven yellow labs...several in heaven now. I guess new memories starting now.

View attachment 579009

View attachment 579010

View attachment 579011

That cabin and yard were cute. But at least you have some more garage space now.

It takes a lot less to make a man happy. You probably don't know it yet but the next big project is already in the planning stages :poke:

The new garage is just a mess right now and more of a deboxing and processing center for all the crap accumulated and removed from the old home sold recently. At least McGoldy is under the new roof while I organize and decide how to manage the space. It will definitely get better.

20230329_151533.jpg

20230329_151802.jpg

20230329_151854.jpg

Back