73 Imperial

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Imp is too nice for the derby.

It would be the most expensive derby car in the history of derbys' but i know the Imperial used to be sought after derby cars in the late 70's and probably later. It's sickening to think of the sweet rides that were wasted that way. Chevies etc I don't care so much

Try to convince them to try these Imps.

hillmanimp-jr.jpg

hillmanimp-jr.jpg

Really like this. Looking for one and tempted. Like the pillarless four doors....good value, especially when shipping to UK. Cheers Steve

It's a very nice car and should be restored.

Arn't the Imps still outlawed from the derbys?

Forgot about that .. I know when I was a kid they got outlawed in IL which I completely forgot about til you mentioned it. The reason I was given was .. they have to much extra bracing and safety support. Intended meaning was they were built like tanks compared to the other tank like cars of the time.

My wife is a brit and they used to, and she still does occasionally, call our old cars Yank Tanks. Especially C- bodies like my 67 Sport Fury that she learned to drive in and took her driving test in.

Last edited:
From what I have heard.....the derbies are bringing back stock classes and the Imp's are allowed back in.

The Derby guys don't want that one to derby.
They want cars one foot in the grave and for less than a thousand bucks.
I hope your right, I'd HATE to see that car all banged up and demolished after some potato head had his 5 mins of fame. Where ya going to find Imps with one ft in the grave less for $1K? They've all been had already. I think the derby people are sniffing out estate sales and whatnot to score now.

Arn't the Imps still outlawed from the derbys?

They are still very much legal in many states. I didn't quit the derby scene until fairly recent. I ran a couple imps, but most the time I just had my *** kicked by them. I ran a lot of the ugly *** mid 70's ford crap. Been on the receiving end of an imperial many times. I know the derby world is taboo here, and I know where you guys are coming from. The are some asswipes that will trash a very restorable or even driver quality car.....not me.

They are still very much legal in many states. I didn't quit the derby scene until fairly recent. I ran a couple imps, but most the time I just had my *** kicked by them. I ran a lot of the ugly *** mid 70's ford crap. Been on the receiving end of an imperial many times. I know the derby world is taboo here, and I know where you guys are coming from. The are some asswipes that will trash a very restorable or even driver quality car.....not me.
Those type of people ought to be tarred and feathered and chased out of town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back