73 Monaco wagon

I may have missed it, but which (if factory) one will be the interior color?

F35479EC-E48C-4ADF-A8B8-6DF4AFB36C23.jpeg
Parchment (off-white). It’s in the build sheet. And the build sheet is in tatters, unfortunately. (Looks like a ancient Dead Sea scroll, because it got stuck under the carpet at the factory.)

Shown here is a ‘bogus’ build sheet that was under the rear seat. It applies to a different car but was what was put in mine. I think I posted the other “real” build sheet elsewhere in this thread. It’s in rough shape.

Parchment and blue are going to be an interesting mix.:popcorn:

Clean out that window channel and hit it with POR 15 or Rust bullet before putting the windshield back in. They like to rust out.

Thank you for the tip. The original paint is good in the channel itself, fortunately. Below the WS frame on the pass side toward the cowl there is some surface rust & I will get some Ospho on, that should stop it and make it paintable since it converts the rust to iron phosphate.

The dashpad removed. Vinyl very rough. Monaco emblem trimmed out carefully. It’s inserted with two barbed plastic studs. Glad I didn’t hack them off unintentionally.

D7FCBBC5-02F5-441A-8DDE-55D4596BE484.jpeg

65184EF4-CDEC-4C05-8187-75FBA8780C39.jpeg

5E2024E4-2E7E-4F9B-9E66-EED60464C515.jpeg

If anyone has suggestions for sound system upgrades that don’t cost an arm and a leg, I’d like to hear them... the car currently has the factory AM radio. I’m having trouble finding anything stereo that looks factory, fits the slot, and that is newer than 45 years old. FYI, I just ordered a couple replacement speakers today.

I thought there were places that could take your old radio and put in modern internals, usb, rca jacks, etc... If you start a thread just about the radio I am sure the guy's that have had their's done will chime in.

I thought there were places that could take your old radio and put in modern internals, usb, rca jacks, etc... If you start a thread just about the radio I am sure the guy's that have had their's done will chime in.

Hmm, that sounds interesting. I will dig into that. I found a specialty shop a few hours away that may do stuff like that. Short term I will probably go with some low cost “minimally invasive” Walmart unit.

Back