73 Monaco wagon

After two chemical strippings, one of which was over night, two blasts with a pressure washer, and one treatment with a heat gun, this is what remains. Does not want to peel off. Tough stuff.

1F52C0EC-1CB4-44D2-86DE-AD8D0FA6D8D4.jpeg

Cleaned them some more with my thumbnail. 2-3 hours. Lost track of time.

7AA808A9-16AE-4721-9A6D-D30FE489F428.jpeg

I too fear having to one day strip the old baked on wood grain on my 68 T/C....I was going to give these a try.....decal eraser wheel.

81LYiDv3P5L._SY355_.jpg

There is no doubt removing old dried out wood grain is the worst part of the job. Applying the new is comparatively easy.

I too fear having to one day strip the old baked on wood grain on my 68 T/C....I was going to give these a try.....decal eraser wheel.

View attachment 276546
Interesting. What is the brand name? Thanks for posting.
There is no doubt removing old dried out wood grain is the worst part of the job. Applying the new is comparatively easy.
I agree with the tough job part. I can’t speak from experience regarding the ‘applying the wrap’ part, but look forward to the end result.

I've got a set of those DODGE DIVISION wheel covers too and really like the styling. Kinda disappointed in how heavy they are though...your dedication makes me want to take them apart and start detailing! :D

It’s a project in itself. And a year from now I may go to the classic style silver Mopar rim. I think they are called Rallye type? So my labor may be a waste of time. Or not. So far I like the challenge.

If you think of them as a hubcap, they are heavy. If you think of them as a premium wheelcover, they are appropriately robust.

I've got a set of those DODGE DIVISION wheel covers too and really like the styling. Kinda disappointed in how heavy they are though...your dedication makes me want to take them apart and start detailing! :D
The oval insets are a king size pain in the neck to get the argent paint stripped off. Be advised. A soda blasting unit would probably be useful.

All paint is stripped off. Hubcap #2 has letters taped off. It is time consuming.

Went to Steele Rubber Products. Got some universal strips for improvised rear gate seal. Results TBD.

C4A5BE99-3829-4225-A341-6590615B6AA7.jpeg

If you ever need to get away from a tornado zone, I recommend the Dodge Monaco wagon.

Went to Steele Rubber Products. Got some universal strips for improvised rear gate seal. Results TBD.
Interested in the outcome. Do you or anyone know if there is a source for replacement door gaskets on C body wagons?

Back