'75 Imperial Questions

LongLeBaron

Reaction score
Been trying to get familiar with my new baby. I have the owner's manual and service manuals, but still can't quite figure a few things out.

I can't find the tire pressure chart on the door jamb. I can't imagine why anybody would take it off, but apparently. Can somebody tell me what those PSIs should be?

The manual refers to, but doesn't show, a manual release for the parking brake. I can't find it--anybody know? I really want to find this, because I had the vacuum release fail on another car that didn't have a clearly marked release and I was pretty much up a tree.

I've got the searching radio, and it's neat to see the dial spin--way different from the way modern electronic units do it. But the only way I've found to stop it searching is turn off the ignition. Is there a better way?

Does anybody else find the pedals too far apart? OK, I know that sounds strange. I'm a normal size guy, about 6 foot with my extremities in proportion, but somehow all my pedal pressing instincts find me falling short in moving between brake & gas. Never had this issue with any other car, and I've had some big old 70's boats too--Lincolns and Cadillacs, but this is my first massive Mopar. Is there some kind of adjustment I don't know about? I'm sure I'm not imagining it.

Thanks for listening, all!

The seat should move forward! I've got power seats in both my Formals and they can get pretty close to the steering wheel!

The seat should move forward! I've got power seats in both my Formals and they can get pretty close to the steering wheel!
Yes, I should probably have said--both power seats work fine, and so does the tilt/telescope wheel.

My problem is not with how close I can get to the pedals, but how close they are, horizontally, to each other.

The manual refers to, but doesn't show, a manual release for the parking brake. I can't find it--anybody know? I really want to find this, because I had the vacuum release fail on another car that didn't have a clearly marked release and I was pretty much up a tree.
Screenshot_20231023_090621_Samsung Notes.jpg

There is a release pedal and it's way up in there.

Usually, there is a dedicated section in the Owner's Manual and Factory Service Manual "Maintenance" sections which mentions the tire pressures. Usually a "soft ride" pressure, then a "75mph and above" pressure, and then a "Full Load" pressure. The "soft ride" pressure is the minimum pressure and was usually what the tire pressure decal noted, plus the minimum tire size for the vehicle (in the size applicable when the vehicle was produced.

32psi would be a good pressure to use for better handling, freeway speeds, and longer tire life.

The radio operation should be addressed in the Owner's Manual. How is the reception in your location? If the reception is not good, then the radio will find a strong station and stop on its own. Otherwise, you might need to depress the foot switch? OR turn off the radio, then turn it back on. IF there is an antenna or lead-in coax cable issue, only manual-tune for stations until that issue is repaired.

Pedal spacing is not adjustable and no different than other C-body Chrysler products.

CBODY67

Back