75 New Yorker Hesiatation

Both Eddie and Demon are good carbs. I've always used the Eddie 1406. Plenty of CFM's for a stock Mopar big block.

I also believe they are both Cfm rated differently, pressure drop, wet, dry etc.
I think the demon carb has boosters in the secondary, the TQ does not making air door tension adjustments critical to smooth operation(sound familiar).The boosters can also be a cause for reduced Cfm ratings but should make a more precise mixture calibration.
The 650 is also jetted differently. And that jetting seems to be perfect on engines from the smogulated era.

Hello, I hope all is well in C Body land. I would like to give a quick update on my hesitation problem.
I tried to adjust the air door on the secondaries, but that has not helped. Using the video on Youtube as a tutorial, I went a 1/4 turn at a time in both directions, it didn't help.
I also changed the position of the rod that operates the accelerator
pump, and that didn't help either. I moved it back to its original position.
I checked the vacuum advance by sucking on the tube, it moved and held in position until I released it.
Any other adjustments?
Also, I have tried to upload pics but i keep getting a file to large message, I could use help with that also.
Keep sending your ideas, I really appreciate all the input
Regards, Eric

With distributor cap off twist rotor it should spring back. Get a vacuum guage and set timing to the highest vacuum reading you can get, you may have to compromise if it gets much past 15° because of kickback on start up but worry about that when it comes up.

With distributor cap off twist rotor it should spring back. Get a vacuum guage and set timing to the highest vacuum reading you can get, you may have to compromise if it gets much past 15° because of kickback on start up but worry about that when it comes up.

Ok, I will pick up a vacuum gauge tomorrow. Will i be connecting vacuum gauge to the vacuum advance while Im seyyong timing?

Ok, I will pick up a vacuum gauge tomorrow. Will i be connecting vacuum gauge to the vacuum advance while Im seyyong timing?
No you disconnect the vacuum advance and connect the vacuum gauge to manifold source. You will probably end up with about 12-14° btdc initial.

No you disconnect the vacuum advance and connect the vacuum gauge to manifold source. You will probably end up with about 12-14° btdc initial. You could do a quicky advance till it starts to idle badly and back up a touch.

No you disconnect the vacuum advance and connect the vacuum gauge to manifold source. You will probably end up with about 12-14° btdc initial. You could do a quicky advance till it starts to idle badly and back up a touch.

No you disconnect the vacuum advance and connect the vacuum gauge to manifold source. You will probably end up with about 12-14° btdc initial.
You seem a tad discombobulated this morn... :poke:

Back