For Sale 76 New Yorker St Regis. 440 Hurst 4 speed. Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found another one of Stan's former masterpieces.:poke:
FB_IMG_1510306962101.jpg

kinda funny how time changes perspective.
$5995 seems like a bargain now, but was probably a fight to get that out of a modified Formal?
My town was $500 million in debt at last mayoral election and it was unfathomable. We're at 1+ billion now just 5-ish years later.
And wouldn't we all be tickled to see our country be heading back down to 'only' 16 trillion in debt again???

While I had seen that chart before, I hadn't looked at the whole thing. Some of the historical numbers are interesting.
We can see that 1 in 7 people works for the government, an entity that does not provide any goods or services that actually generate wealth, and twice as many people work for the govt vs manufacturing people, who ummm, manufacture things that can be sold. Interesting numbers in that chart.

upload_2017-11-11_17-22-28.png

upload_2017-11-11_17-19-28.png

Those folks that work for the Gov't also pay taxes back to the Gov't and buy goods and services just like regular folks. You realize that includes Military and their over blown budget and they're going to increase spending by $70 billion a year. I think also that includes the private sector like contractors, vendors, ect. that do work for the Gov't!

$16.5k.....your craftsmanship is very valuable Stan!

I seem to remember at one time the engine may have been pulled and switched from the rebuilt Stan put in.
Any ideas if that is the engine the car left with? Stan?

I seem to remember at one time the engine may have been pulled and switched from the rebuilt Stan put in.
Any ideas if that is the engine the car left with? Stan?

Someone did suggest doing that, you're correct ....good memory.

IIRC, these pictures shows the engine that Stan rebuilt. I heard about that engine possibly been pulled so if that's true I don't believe the current pictures of the engine are accurate. Stan might be able to ID the engine.

I cannot tell you what was done, if anything, by subsequent owners to the engine, because I don't know.
I only know how that engine was when it left Florida.
It was a very nice, conservatively powerful engine.
16-5 sounds about right.
Finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back