For Sale 76 New Yorker St Regis. 440 Hurst 4 speed. Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, C-bodie Dudes.......Time to dust off your Cobb webs ! I have a fellow Torino Friend going to look at Stan's old 4 speeder (Monday 1/15)...I guess you could say I'm a gluten for pain...A friend of mine sent me a utube link & also finding it back down in your neck of the woods....I'm really liking this car so I did some digging.....Spoke to the SCHMUCK who owns it now...In my opinion he's a piece of **** !!!!!! Sorry ! With that call I just hung up you don't get anywhere with a guy like him.....Did some research. Found out it's not "A HURST BUILT CAR"...Gee... go figure a flipper being dishonest....Who would have ever thunk it!!!! I called the schmuck back (knowing he's had the car for two months) & asked him straight out with a tone ARE YOU TIERD OF LOOKING AT THIS CAR !!!! He said (with conviction) YES ! I offered him 8500. He played his game & I said 8,500 ! Ok bring down your 8,500, Cool! Did some more research..I found you guys but before that I tracked down the owner before el'schmucko.. The story goes like this..Yes it was driven hard & put away wet ...Damn it !! Walter is his name & he bought it from a used car dealer (the flags keep popping up.. please stop me before it's too late). Someone had put nitrous on it. DUMB ASSES !!! Walter paid 6,500 for the car. He kept it for appox 6 months. He corrected the starting problem. Replaced the starter, alternator, battery, & the cables...He told me he got real nervous with the wiring behind the dash (someone got in there & maid a birds nest). Plus he couldn't keep gas in it..So he took it to Webster & sold it to the JAGOFF for 6,200. After I talked with Walter I found Joe up in cheesehead land & got the scivy ...Both Joe & Walter have said it's still a good car for the right money....Walter told me it still drives very nicely....We'll see what happens tomorrow...I'll keep youz posted....Yes I'm from Jersey...Got a problem with that....He He.....Deejay.

I can't wait to see it

I'd be willing to go look at it and take some pictures.
Couldn't be tomorrow but could be Tuesday, if your friend isn't able to.

Well if the deal goes through, and you actually get the car, we’ll know it’s in good hands and will be treated right, finally!!

Last edited:
Remember when you were young (HA!) there'd be that blonde walking down the street......Next your pounding on the bar crying out "HOW DID I GET HERE AGAIN ????????????? Well today it's build cars & there oddballness...We just finished "saving" a 62 T-Bird Tremec 5 speed swap that someone butchered & I said never again!!!! Well look at me now I'm right back in the fire....So PLEASE tell me your thoughts & DON"T HOLD BACK !!!!!! PS. Thank you Stan...Sounds like you may be da man to listen to.....Deejay PSS. Here's a shot of my Monaco.
After infection 365.JPG
After infection 363.JPG
After infection 359.JPG

Remember when you were young (HA!) there'd be that blonde walking down the street......Next your pounding on the bar crying out "HOW DID I GET HERE AGAIN ????????????? Well today it's build cars & there oddballness...We just finished "saving" a 62 T-Bird Tremec 5 speed swap that someone butchered & I said never again!!!! Well look at me now I'm right back in the fire....So PLEASE tell me your thoughts & DON"T HOLD BACK !!!!!! PS. Thank you Stan...Sounds like you may be da man to listen to.....Deejay PSS. Here's a shot of my Monaco.View attachment 162594 View attachment 162595 View attachment 162596
I'm struggling to remember... did we see this car at Carlisle? I seem to remember one in the survivor's tent...

Several of us are waiting for the review of the car's current condition.The nitrous oxide statement makes me wonder how unkind her life has really been.

Remember when you were young (HA!) there'd be that blonde walking down the street......Next your pounding on the bar crying out "HOW DID I GET HERE AGAIN ????????????? Well today it's build cars & there oddballness...We just finished "saving" a 62 T-Bird Tremec 5 speed swap that someone butchered & I said never again!!!! Well look at me now I'm right back in the fire....So PLEASE tell me your thoughts & DON"T HOLD BACK !!!!!! PS. Thank you Stan...Sounds like you may be da man to listen to.....Deejay PSS. Here's a shot of my Monaco.View attachment 162594 View attachment 162595 View attachment 162596
Yes we have
In that case, I bless the sale to this guy :poke::lol:

Seriously, I understand Stan's position, this poor car has been F**ked with ever since it left his possession, and keeps coming back to haunt him.

@Monaco Dude , I'm looking forward to hearing the status report soon.:thumbsup:

Seriously, I understand Stan's position, this poor car has been F**ked with ever since it left his possession, and keeps coming back to haunt him
I am most upset that the car went on to have a miserable life.
I have no one to blame but myself. I sold it. I take responsibility for having cast its fate to the wind.

First off I want to apologize to Stan for opening an old wound & pouring salt into it...Sorry Stan...In my eyes you rock !!!!! Well My buddy got back to me & for obvious reasons I'm not gonna go into full detail....But I was told that I wouldn't get hurt at 8500... He sent me twenty pictures & we both agree that it has been in the possession of some real shitty people..That we know ! I AM DUMB FOUNDED ! I'm gonna pass on the car. Only because of the timing & logistics. It was between the NY'er or a 35,000 mile foxbody merc that will get a mustang swap..I am like the women who thinks she can save the alcoholic..BUT SHE CAN"T !!!! With this car all it would take is a pocket full of money & my guy Smiley....We'd get it done ! The timing is off & that's too bad... I REALLY LIKE THIS CAR !!!!! If smiley & I can save the T-Bird we could also with Stan's car....With that being said my Torino buddy was impressed with the build !!! He was really floored with the quality of the exhaust !!!! DANG I want that car... Oh well ...At least I found you guys !!!!

I've added a few shots of my bird (I know c bodies only.. you'll get over it) just so you can see the quality of our work..What we found, what we did, & what it's like now.....Deejay
PS. The guy who built the T-Bird is from your neck of the woods..

T-bird new hump 1407.JPG
T-bird new hump 1410.JPG
T-bird new hump 1542.JPG
T-bird new hump 1585.JPG
wind gap show 2017 013.JPG
wind gap show 2017 012.JPG

I am most upset that the car went on to have a miserable life.
I have no one to blame but myself. I sold it. I take responsibility for having cast its fate to the wind.

Maybe it will go to Europe and never be heard from again....

I would like to see it Carlisle....on the dyno before it goes on the boat ride. LOL.

Maybe it will go to Europe and never be heard from again....

I would like to see it Carlisle....on the dyno before it goes on the boat ride. LOL.
IDK... if she's been sprayed... she may not have what she used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back