76 ROYAL MONACO BROUGHAM IN KB8 ...NOT MINE...YET

Gee, I may be missing something but l thought you just kept your foot flat on the floor and cranked until it started???

Regardless, she looks to be ok, hopefully no unpleasant surprises once you get into her. Are you going to teach your technician about carbies?

What was funny is the car is so wide the portly driver had to strip down to his t-shirt to get through the door..

My techs understand the principles of carbs just not the “techniques” of adjusting them

Congrats Graham.. I feel your frustration.. my girl did the same thing coming off the truck.. had to have her flatbeded home, can’t wait to see cleaner pictures..

What was funny is the car is so wide the portly driver had to strip down to his t-shirt to get through the door..

My techs understand the principles of carbs just not the “techniques” of adjusting them
Must have been quite a sight. I'm sure you can explain carburetor adjustment to them.

Good luck with it.

Get it cleaned up and looking and running really good, and then put a really big red ribbon on it. Tell her you got her her own old classic for Valentines day. You have almost a month to pull it off. Win-win

Awesome!! Congrats!!! More then welcome to hide it down here if you’d like lol.

As the others looking forward to more pics.

Congratulations!
B-8 blue is one of my favorite Mopar colors. (Of course I'm a bit biased.) Sure looks pretty among all that snow.

And the Diplomat package makes hens' teeth seem commonplace by comparison!

I hope that's mostly dirt and weather and not some brine/salt off the roads.... love to see it after a bath!

Congratulation's! love the car. It brings back memories, my Dad had one like it but Black with burgundy int.
Please post more pictures as you get it sorted ;)

Congratulations on your new ride. Royal Monaco's in the condition of yours with those options do not show for sale up too often. I'm glad it made into your possession, knowing it will be well taken care of. :thumbsup:

BTW, was the fuel tank cover missing when you made the purchase? The only reason I ask is because the last time I used one to ship a 69 Polara from Oregon, all the windshield trim was missing when it arrived. The transport driver said "it's an old car, and the trim must have blown off during the ride to Illinois". Yeah..., right.

Graham, you got her cleaned up yet?

Saw it for the first time today and it is definitely a time capsule. However.....it will not start for love or money. Frigging Thermoquads I hate them. Gas is squirting out the vent and flooding the carb out. The plugs are likely fouled good by the transporter. I can get it to fire but dies 3-5 seconds later. Choke is coming on ok and starter is rolling over good. Lots of gas in the tank. The Tquad is overfueling bad. So who is good with these friggin pieces of crap and can give me a quick fix for the overfuel problem?

Back