For Sale 77' New yorker not mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, looks local to you. I see rust under that rocker molding, where it always is

Thanks polara71. I like the leather and overall look, but I'm not a fan of the 400 in that car. rust is an Issue, I'll look over those rocker covers. If anyone else is more Interested, I would be happy to forward what I see.

I was giving that one the eyeball, would like to hear what you find out.

Thanks polara71. I like the leather and overall look, but I'm not a fan of the 400 in that car. rust is an Issue, I'll look over those rocker covers. If anyone else is more Interested, I would be happy to forward what I see.

Im a 400 fan but would prefer a 72 block.
The hole in the roof would help me overlook some of the bad points. The top looks nice..good luck

That roof is definitely a plus. it is 50 miles away, not a big deal. Around here avoiding Cowboys and cattle I'm told is the biggest traffic problem, Not exactly Chicago or Dallas traffic.Lol

That roof is definitely a plus. it is 50 miles away, not a big deal. Around here avoiding Cowboys and cattle I'm told is the biggest traffic problem, Not exactly Chicago or Dallas traffic.Lol

Never been to either, but being between, DC , Philly and NYC things get tight around here....I have to look for sights like this

IMG_0928 (2).jpg

I envy you...................................

IMG_0928 (2).jpg

What's the problem with the 400? I've got one in my 76 T&C... I love it.

I have a 77' Cordoba with the 400, and also drive a 68' Charger 383 HP, So I have trouble going back and forth. Not that the 400 is bad, but I have had a better driving experience with the 440 in the C body cars.

Gotcha.. My 78 NYB has a 360, the 76 T&C has a 400 and my 67 Imperial has the 440. They all do pretty well, but going from the 383 HP to the Cordoba is quite a change!

Very nice NY'er. The 440 only had 5 HP more than 400...you can't tell the difference.

This NY'er is in great shape.....very rare to find one with no cracks in the steering wheel. The leather is in remarkable condition. This car had to been garaged during it's entire life. The silver pinstripping on the entire dash is perfect....most of them have some of the striping worn off or faded. It has manual A/C. The Lean Burn is still hooked up but can be easily converted. Beside converting the Lean Burn, and putting dual exhaust on it. I would check out the minimal if any rust on it and get rid of the red heater hoses.

From what I can see of this car.....$5000-$6000 if there isn't any surprises.

They are closed today, but the post ends tomorrow afternoon. As for the Cordoba, it has such rare options that I will leave the original 400.
But, I am going to change some things to get more power out of it. It has duals, and thermoquad, Petronix,but the 68' will walk all over it.
It pulls well, and runs up to 90mph quickly, as it has a 9 1/4 rear and 3:23 ratio. But the 383 just makes it look easy. (I'm partial obviously)
The Cordoba can be made to run, but I will have to rely on the advice from those here that have upgraded the engine. I don't want to change the pistons, as the car is 37k actual miles. But advice on a cam and maybe 915 heads and better Intake will wake it up. it has the tow package as well, so it has the HD 727 like the Police model, no lockup converter. On the good side, It sure rides and drives nice, and handles better then the 68.(Quieter)
But, after seeing pictures of the 72 Monaco again, they may be a better Investment then the NY sedans. Yes or No?

They are closed today, but the post ends tomorrow afternoon. As for the Cordoba, it has such rare options that I will leave the original 400.
But, I am going to change some things to get more power out of it. It has duals, and thermoquad, Petronix,but the 68' will walk all over it.
It pulls well, and runs up to 90mph quickly, as it has a 9 1/4 rear and 3:23 ratio. But the 383 just makes it look easy. (I'm partial obviously)
The Cordoba can be made to run, but I will have to rely on the advice from those here that have upgraded the engine. I don't want to change the pistons, as the car is 37k actual miles. But advice on a cam and maybe 915 heads and better Intake will wake it up. it has the tow package as well, so it has the HD 727 like the Police model, no lockup converter. On the good side, It sure rides and drives nice, and handles better then the 68.(Quieter)
But, after seeing pictures of the 72 Monaco again, they may be a better Investment then the NY sedans. Yes or No?

Only 1978 NY'er and Newport had a big block lockup torque converter.

I keep forgetting they slipped in small blocks.
A mental block of mine. Just seems so wrong.

I keep forgetting they slipped in small blocks.
A mental block of mine. Just seems so wrong.

Most of California and high altitude cars had 360's. Optional 185 hp 440 available in those area's.....no 400's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back