78 NYB what color is this?

imperialman

Reaction score
Happy thanksgiving to everyone

Does anyone know what this color is called by Chrysler?
And the paint code for it?
Thanks!
img_2181-jpg.jpg

There are several paint chip chart websites. The colors don't always look accurate, but others have the color names for the different Chrysler Corp divisions, plus a multitude of listings for different brands of paint. All within a Google search. DuPont and PPG were the major brands, usually, back then, but the older paint formula numbers might not work anymore.

Some of the listings, fwiw, also have the "other pages" for the particular model year. With paint stripe numbers, interior parts paint numbers, trunk paint numbers, etc. Not just the exterior color paint numbers. I also found a Sherwin-Williams all makes paint book for 1978 vehicles.

For verification, the Paint Code should be on the lh inner fender area on the Data Plate.

Nice looking car!

CBODY67

Here is the link to the complete Mopar paint charts from 1957-1979.

Copy the link to your favorites or desk top.

Mopar Paint Chips
Thanks again! While enjoying Minnesota's unseasonably warm weather last week I decided to apply a bit of paste wax to a small spot on my New Yorker. I was surprised to have the color Spanish Gold on my towel when removing the wax. I would have thought Chrysler had gone to base coat-clear coat paint by 1978

Last edited:
Thanks again! While enjoying Minnesota's unseasonably warm weather last week I decided to apply a bit of paste wax to a small spot on my New Yorker. I was surprised to have the color Spanish Gold on my towel when removing the wax. I would have thought Chrysler had gone to base coat-clear coat paint by 1978
Chrysler did begin the foray to base clear in 78...but only for silver.

Y9 Spanish Gold is my favorite Formal color.

Back