For Sale 8k mi. Moonroof 75 Imperial

Status
Not open for further replies.
6500 right now, not bad for a 2500 dollar car
Doing really good in fact... but I believe the "low miles" thing is what has most of the folks bidding... plus the fact that many seem to believe the values to be "$5k to $15k" without doing their own watching...

I believe this is the same car
For Sale - 74 Imperial LeBaron 4 Door Hardtop - $16,250
So that's over a year with out a sale or a mile on the odometer...

$9850 now
and STILL...
By the way, that small damage area behind the driver's side rear door is going to cost you a $5k paint job.
No way are you going to blend in spot painting it.

I guarantee you that the damage still won't be fixed when the buyer goes to flip it in a year.
Or it will be repaired and the rear quarter is going to stick out like a sore thumb.

Sold for $11824 USD not bad for a Canadian car in Winterpeg...ok WildAugust fess up did you buy it? Almost $16000 CDN

Go ahead and put in a bid. . . You only suck at buying parts cars. . .

All of the standard FCBO reasons not to buy apply right now.

Besides, my focus is on what I have... I already don't get enough time to do what I want. FCBO can be a huge distraction... but if that stupid cat doesn't figure out daylight savings time soon... :elmer:

. . .FCBO can be a huge distraction... but if that stupid cat doesn't figure out daylight savings time soon... :elmer:

I'm right there with ya. Our cat is still on Daylight Time too. . . 3:00 AM instead of 4:00 AM every morning - and he doesn't care if its a weekend either.

6:00 vs. 7..... :mad:

Aww.......❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

157691566169a091e046c457a5dd8938.jpg

there-is-no-snooze-button-on-a-cat-who-wantsrood-4986092.png

[QUOTE="cantflip
Besides, Rip, Will and Stan understand my hesitation to plug in a bid on EB...[/QUOTE]

I do.....?

It is pretty orange peely but they could be that way from the factory. I don't see any overspray or tape lines on any of the door jambs so it could be original paint. .

That OEM paint texture is what I was shooting for when refinishing the Admiral. It's easy to forget how lousy the paint quality was on new cars back then.
I think I came pretty close to how a two year old 69 Fury would have looked in 1971. It is hard to resist a "cut & buff" though.

That OEM paint texture is what I was shooting for when refinishing the Admiral. It's easy to forget how lousy the paint quality was on new cars back then.
I think I came pretty close to how a two year old 69 Fury would have looked in 1971. It is hard to resist a "cut & buff" though.
Tthe Admiral's paint came out gorgeous. Your attempt for originality failed miserably.
:rofl:

[QUOTE="cantflip
Besides, Rip, Will and Stan understand my hesitation to plug in a bid on EB...

I do.....?[/QUOTE]
Me and EB... I dare not toss out a bid unless I am certain I want the item... Right now Viv would have a heart attack if I bought another car.

All 74 and 75 Imperials.
Thanks. All 8 3/4's I believe. Easy convert to four wheel discs if you can find one. I saw an add on Craig's list a year or so ago, a guy had two of those rear ends. Could never make the connection however.

Interesting, I didn't know that. I thought they were always on the metric system up there.
As a matter of fact the road system across western Canada is set up in a grid where north/south roads are spaced 1 mile apart, and east/west roads are 2 miles apart. Now the 1 mile road is 1.6 km. Many of us that grew up and started driving on miles still think that way. Not to mention ft to meters, Lbs to Kg, psi to kpa, deg F to C, gal to liters, etc. We hear rainfall in mm, snowfall in cm. The kids nowadays are fine because they learn metric from day 1. When I started driving in 72 gas was 47 cents a gallon (imperial gallon which is about 1/5 larger than US gal). When it changed to liters in 78 I remember seeing a sign saying gas was 21 cents. Everybody was confused.

As a matter of fact the road system across western Canada is set up in a grid where north/south roads are spaced 1 mile apart, and east/west roads are 2 miles apart. Now the 1 mile road is 1.6 km. Many of us that grew up and started driving on miles still think that way. Not to mention ft to meters, Lbs to Kg, psi to kpa, deg F to C, gal to liters, etc. We hear rainfall in mm, snowfall in cm. The kids nowadays are fine because they learn metric from day 1. When I started driving in 72 gas was 47 cents a gallon (imperial gallon which is about 1/5 larger than US gal). When it changed to liters in 78 I remember seeing a sign saying gas was 21 cents. Everybody was confused.
As far as I can tell, you guys get boned on the liters thing... I only ever got one tank of gas in Toronto, back in the 90's. I was not impressed by the pump total... I blame the movie Pulp Fiction for the lunch at Burger King... there were much better places to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back