906vs516 heads

I like iron but seriously, how much for aluminum when all is said and done?
besides, this is better than politics.

I don't think the Chinese are casting BB Mopar iron heads.........yet.

You cannot do better than taking 452 or 916 seasoned iron heads, having them CNC ported and hand polished. You just can't!

I don't think the Chinese are casting BB Mopar iron heads.........yet.
Ya never know!!

image.jpg

You'll raise the CR almost a full point just bolting on 915 heads on the smog motors.

With the crap modern gas, I don't want a higher compression. I'll give up the few extra ponies to be able to use the regular gas pump.

This truly was the good old days:

6a00d834515db069e201348611b977970c-800wi

I had to put less than $1000 into my 915s including parts and I'd do it again. How much for a decent set of aluminum including getting them checked before installing?

$1000 buys a set of Stealth heads. 2 or 3 hours of machine shop time tops fixes the valve job, verifies guide clearance and cleans up the bowls.

http://store.440source.com/Stealth-Aluminum-Cylinder-Head-COMPLETE-SINGLE-HEAD/productinfo/200-1055/

To get your 915's to flow with these or RPM heads just cleaned up will ruin another $1000 and now you have some very crack prone 48 yr old cast iron.

As far as the aluminum makes less power than iron argument goes, I've yet to see a back to back dyno sheet to back up that claim and for the OP's intended purpose I think it's irrelevant.

Kevin

Ah yes... The great 440 source heads are good. NO there garage debate!!... If there heads were good or even ok you wouldn't, or shouldn't need to re machine them to correct brand new head imperfections. They obviously don't care there heads are no good. People buy them every day so why should they improve them...

Ah yes... The great 440 source heads are good. NO there garage debate!!... If there heads were good or even ok you wouldn't, or shouldn't need to re machine them to correct brand new head imperfections. They obviously don't care there heads are no good. People buy them every day so why should they improve them...

Those Indy's quoted above will GUARANTEED need the same corrections the Source heads do. NOBODY mass produces a GOOD multi angle valve job. NOBODY.

Kevin

Back