For Sale 96 Caprice

Status
Not open for further replies.
The front end is tight, got alinement after new tires were mounted on factory aluminum wheels yesterday! Looks much better! Now the serch for a class 3 hitch begins!!

The front end is tight, got alinement after new tires were mounted on factory aluminum wheels yesterday! Looks much better! Now the serch for a class 3 hitch begins!!

Check around for a DrawTite hitch. I put one on my '95 9C1 several years ago. It works great.

My Roadmaster had a U-Haul hitch.
That thing was a great skid plate when entering and leaving my driveway. lol

Since this thread is all over the place. I have an Uncle who is a one owner 96 Impala SS. It is a complete cream puff. He mentioned he would be ready to part with it. It has low miles but don't recall how many. It was never his daily driver.

What are these cars going for? I always liked the car, it's that deep burgundy color.

What are these cars going for? I always liked the car, it's that deep burgundy color.
Not calling myself The Authority by any means, also including the fact I'm on the Cheap Bastard Honor Roll, but I've closely watched 94-96 SS prices since I bought one new in 95.
I've watched the roller coaster all these years and I can truly say people are really all over the place. Don't go by Hemmings or any of the price guides.
As we speak, the **** boxes can be had for way under 5k and then there's the dillusional guys with their hermetically sealed SS's at 25, 35, and 45k.
No different than Mopar C-bodies, eh?
Your uncle's is the most desirable.
Last year of production.
Not the usual black.
Only year with console shifter. But that's it. Other than the shifter, they are all identical.
The biggest problem with them aging is the interior. That leather aged horribly.
Nobody is really buying them. Usually flippers. Most of them are languishing as consignments at twice their fair market value.
Your uncle should ask 25 and wait a long time. I bet it will sell at 15.

Thanks Stan, I kind of thought you might have a good feel for what these go for. Maybe he would give his favorite nephew a great price on it, just to keep it in the family. :)

Thanks Stan, I kind of thought you might have a good feel for what these go for. Maybe he would give his favorite nephew a great price on it, just to keep it in the family. :)

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

I still would like the wagon. Too bad there wasn't an SS wagon. Did they ever put that black cherry color on a wagon? I do love the color.

Too bad there wasn't an SS wagon.
Can not tell you how many Caprice/Roadmaster owners have "SS'd" their wagons. They're gorgeous. I made my Roadmaster into a 1 only Gran Sport Wagon. I never told anybody that it was a GS. A lot of people took it for granted it was a factory Estate Wagon GS.

Since this thread is all over the place. I have an Uncle who is a one owner 96 Impala SS. It is a complete cream puff. He mentioned he would be ready to part with it. It has low miles but don't recall how many. It was never his daily driver.

Mike: You should try to acquire that car. I have a similar '95 9C1 police Caprice that is always a joy to drive. You would never get tired of the car - sorta like when you get in and drive a '66 300. . . Only the Chevy is faster, quieter and handles so well. Every time I get in and drive mine, it always strikes me as to what a really good car it is.

I have wanted a car to pull my boat or as a backup work vehicle that could pull my enclosed trailer. I have always had these cars in mind instead of a truck.

My uncle's car is really too nice for a work vehicle but I am very careful with my work cars and never trash them. How cool would it to be to paint my trailer black cherry to match. :)

What have I started! Here are my new tires and factory wheels! Which do you like? The wagon looks out of place with my MoPars! They are being put away for the winter soon!!

DSCN1800 (2).JPG

DSCN1811 (2).JPG

DSCN1814 (2).JPG

Love the wagon BTW, and this thread is getting me in trouble.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back