For Sale 971 Dodge Polara - CHP Car - $15000 (san mateo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Factorial

Reaction score
Contact seller
Note mine.

00Y0Y_7XRlwfXA5WN_1200x900.jpg

01717_kHx5JK3dNWQ_600x450.jpg

FOR SALE:
1971 Dodge Polara
$15,000.00 OBO
383 Magnum
Mileage indicates 52,436
Title is free, clear and in my name.
Currently registered as a Historical Vehicle - State of California
Recreated California Highway Patrol Car
Completely recreated to the specifics of the 1971 era. Working map light
This vehicle was originally purchased by Darryl Lindsay and Kevin McLaughlin back in 2005 and since then it went to one or two places before it ended up in my garage.
Fully functioning forward red and white light and red/amber deck lights, with a working growler siren that is activated by the steering wheel ring in excellent condition and an extra siren box for any other siren that might want to be added.
AM/FM/CD+Remote (hidden)
AC/Cruise Control
Air Shocks
Vehicle has never been washed. A special spray coat has been used for the outside of the car to keep the outstanding look. Garage kept 100% of the time
New Cooper tires
Vehicle runs excellent with no issues. It has been maintained by a very respected mechanic known by Darryl Lindsay.
I have one other set of 4 red ring dog dish hub caps(and extra red ring decals) as well as a set of 4 police dog dish - stainless steel. Lots of extras!
Comes with "Out of Service" signs from the Highway Patrol. This vehicle has been very well cared for and has been a pleasure to have.
Great show car for all ages.

1971 Dodge Polara - CHP Car

Didn't CHP run all 440 Polara cars from 1969-1971? Not quite recreated correctly. Also overpriced.

Dave

Last edited:
I saw this the other day and got excited briefly . I dont want a CHP car however . I want a simple DK coded car 383-4 or 440 , the more unmarked the better .

Nice interior...
Wayyy tooo nice to be a cop car.....

Seat fabric and headliner appear correct. Dash pad is custom aftermarket as is package tray. Most cruisers of that era had that awful shade of tan (T5) or dark grey interiors. High relief door panels are not correct. Cruisers usually do not have inside handles on rear doors or windows (Bad guy might get out). Car has incorrect dome light and is missing the ticket light. Cruisers never ran air shocks.

Dave

Last edited:
Possibly not CHP-accurate in all respects, but still a nice car. Price is a little high, to me, for a normal Polara. But with the period-correct radio and such, might not be that far off. Would be nice if it had a real CHP former-life documentation with it, rather than a "recreation".

Wasn't there something about white steering wheels on CHP cars? Would be nice to see a data plate/build sheet from a real CHP car!

CBODY67

Possibly not CHP-accurate in all respects, but still a nice car. Price is a little high, to me, for a normal Polara. But with the period-correct radio and such, might not be that far off. Would be nice if it had a real CHP former-life documentation with it, rather than a "recreation".

Wasn't there something about white steering wheels on CHP cars? Would be nice to see a data plate/build sheet from a real CHP car!

CBODY67

White steering wheels were cooler to the touch when the cars sat out in the sun, think either AZ or NM used them also.

Dave

Last edited:

CBODY67
This is not a genuine CHP car, never was, seller knows it.

Alan

This is not a genuine CHP car, never was, seller knows it.

Alan

Alan, You keep saying that, I think we all realize it . He clearly states it.
I for one would like to know what guys feel are incorrect.. or at least what they are seeing

What is incorrect...
Should be HP440.
No Cruise control.
No factory radio and antenna (71 would not have antenna hole plug either).
Interior should be gray/black.
No clock.
Should have factory dome light.
Deck lights have the wrong mounts.
Original steering wheels yellow with age but I believe 71's still used the A/B-Body full horn ring.
Wrong radio control head (the one in the car is period correct but not correct for CHP).
Radar? not sure if correct for 71.
Shotgun bracket may not be correct, this is probably a later style.
Should not have chrome trim around door windows.
Spare in the wrong spot, should be on the side like the convertibles.
No bumper guards (unless ALL 71 Polaras had them).
Some cars had dual antennas but would also have dual radios.
Clip on the rain rail is the wrong type.

At least it is a Polara (not a Fury etc), a 4-door SEDAN, it is painted correctly (doors all all black with just the (front) panel white), correct graphics installed correctly.

My data plate has
B41 - Disc Brakes
F15 - 65 Amp Alternator
H51 - Air Conditioning
V02 - Two-tone Paint
Y39 - Special Order
26 - 26" Radiator
E86 - HP440
D32 - Heavy Duty Transmission

The steering wheel and horn ring are both 99 codes (special order) on the broadcast sheet.

Alan

My computer has my sense of humor.
This is the picture it shows me, where I can see this black and white Recreation very clearly.
upload_2018-10-15_18-25-35.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back