A '65 300-L for Sale

Ripinator

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Saw this ad this morning in the 300 Club Classified ads. Very neat car with unusual interior - AND its got A/C! I don't know if the pictures link works, but here it is anyway.

300 L I have a 1965 300L for sale. Vin# C453143635. Click here for pictures. This car was in the antique car collection of a retired doctor in Jamestown, Ky who passed away last year. I am in charge of the care and maintenance and sales of the collection. It is a great car but he had a large collection and some need to be sold. He purchased the car in December 1998. It has been taken to numerous car shows and kept in a garage at all times. The asking price is $24000. If you have any questions call me at 270-566-3249 or my wife 270-566-8286 or my daughter 270-566-1678. Contact Keith Hall, P.O. Box 133, Jamestown, Ky. 42629. Email auntjean123@yahoo.com. (07/25/17)

Wow. Can't decide if I like the 2 tone seats, but nice car.

This is one of those cars if I see in person I probably would like it. It looks very tastefully done, you've never seen this car in person have you Rip?

This is one of those cars if I see in person I probably would like it. It looks very tastefully done, you've never seen this car in person have you Rip?

No. I have never seen it. But I think that if I was looking for an L-coupe, I'd be on my way to Kentucky right now. The car appears to be flawless. Hell. . . Even the radiator cap is correct!

I agree there's going to be someone out there that that's the car. Plus there's something about a backlit L it's just too cool.

00IMG1478.jpg

really nice car. For some reason I don't really feel red on a 65. 66s I can see in red on all day but I like 65s in black or gold or some more muted tone... nit picky bla bla... it's a real nice L for anyone in the market.

As far as I know, Black/Tan was the only two tone option available in '65.

Looking at Legendary's offering, one of the choices they show is:
(517) Met Red-Black Filled (516) / Met Red (520). I don't know how to translate their listing, but it looks like a 2-color thing to me.

Looking at Legendary's offering, one of the choices they show is:
(517) Met Red-Black Filled (516) / Met Red (520). I don't know how to translate their listing, but it looks like a 2-color thing to me.

(517) Met Red-Black Filled is referring to the basket weave pattern. The NOS Material had a Red/Black Basket weave which they ran out of and were only selling the solid red basket weave. SMS was able to reproduce (for my restoration) the Red/Black basket weave. Looks like Legendary is now listing that as an option.

FWIW, most L's I've seen had solid color leather interior (no basket weave or two tone). To my knowledge the basket weave insert material and two tone Black/Tan was only incorporated in the vinyl upholstery.

Back