A 67 Newport just landed in my Barn

Looked through the dealer literature a bit. A few items lead me to believe your car was not factory tow. I find no provision for a "dealer-add", either - only "Load Stabilizer Unit" (coil-over shocks).

FWIW
View attachment 568994
It does have rear coil over shocks, thanks for adding this to the thread I will look stuff over.

PT

I hope someone can help me with this question and it goes out to all the Slab savants.
So with this 67 Newport, from what other models and from what years ( range) would I be able to resource parts from? Polara, Monaco, Newport, I have no clue!

Thanks in advance
1968 Newports and New Yorkers have a lot of similar parts, so those would be good sources for you. Once you start digging into yours, post what you’re looking for and I can look through my stash of extra parts left over from my restoration project I had done on my 68 Newport convertible…

SGvert

Canadian cars didn't get kilo speedos until the mid 70s.
Got it. Kilo-speedo code 684 must have just been for European (or some other metric area) exports then....
Yup, but if one looks hard enough one can find KILO speedos out there - either used from export cars in Europe etc., or NOS in parts stashes.

KILO speedo for export-built 65/66 Canadian Dodge Polara/Monaco and Fury (USA and Canada)
(sourced out of Finland, installed in my Canadian 66 Dodge Monaco)
More pics 004.jpg

Kilo speedo for export built 65/66 Chrysler (sourced out of Finland, installed in my Canadian 66 Town and Country)
speedo closeup.jpg

Hi polaratherpy, somehow I missed this thread last month. Great looking Newport! You will love that car. I sure love my 67 Newport Custom, it's my favorite. Don't tell my '65 6-window Town Sedan or my '63 Riviera!

Cheers from Tampa, Rich

thumbnail_Riviera at Davis Isle.jpg

Newport.jpg

65 nyer.jpg

Thanks Richard, that's a nice Newport you have there, I 've got my work cut out for me, as much as this car sat in a garage for 35 years, there is a lot of good things about the car but sitting for such a long time a lot of the rubber is gone, bushings are gone throughout the car, control arms, rear springs, suspension, I'm sure I will find a bunch of more dried up parts as I go through it this winter. Very little rust, need a few patches on the driver front fender, small hole on a fender skirt, the hood was crunched but that is fixed already.
Love the wheels on the Newport, mind sharing where you got them and size, offset, and so on, tires?
I keep scrolling back up to look at your Newport wheels!!
Hope you were safe from the storms down there?

PT

PT, my email is [email protected]. Email me and I can send photos of the wheels and tires and the specs etc. Our Newports have a lot in common, and I've done a lot of work on mine, so I may be able to help as you move through the process.

Cheers,

Richard

Congrats on getting this great car! So much potential, I'm glad it's going to get the attention it deserves!

Regarding the paint, the paint code on the fender tag is BM2. I did some digging, and based on what I have that means that it was a custom paint order with a black roof and turbine bronze body. Sharp!

View attachment 566330
my 67 Newport has the painted black top with gold main body, and the original window sticker shows the painted top cost $17.00 bucks.

Happy Holidays, wondering if someone can help me indentify this cable, I found it tucked in on the rear deck on the driver's side. I've looked for it in the service manual but it eludes me.
It's a 2 wire and about the right lenght to go to the rear internal pillar light.
Just wondering if it was forgotten when all the panels were put back together from when the vinyl roof was put on.

Thanks in advance,
PT
IMG_3386.JPG
IMG_3387.JPG

I'm thinking that usually the wires for courtesy lights are just one wire, the positive, and the light fixtures ground to the body. In this case, there are two wires, so maybe it's for a speaker?

I'm thinking that usually the wires for courtesy lights are just one wire, the positive, and the light fixtures ground to the body. In this case, there are two wires, so maybe it's for a speaker?
The oval 6 X 9 spots in the deck have not been cut out so you may be right that it was an external spkr that just sat on top of the deck.
I agree that all lights use body ground, also could not find that type of conector in the manual.

Thanks Richard

The fillers hide the gawd awful factory gaps and also absorbs any impacts from parking lot wars.
Your fillers are fubarrd from rust check or ziebart that really screw them up.
The bumpers do need to come off to replace them.
Not in reppop, NOS or good southern used ones will do and make sure they have the clips.
Hope this helps.

The fillers hide the gawd awful factory gaps and also absorbs any impacts from parking lot wars.
Your fillers are fubarrd from rust check or ziebart that really screw them up.
The bumpers do need to come off to replace them.
Not in reppop, NOS or good southern used ones will do and make sure they have the clips.
Hope this helps.
I may just remove them, thanks for the info.

Well got around to pulling the back seat out and found the BS and a spare set of front bumper signal light lenses tucked behind the seat. Odd thing is the car should be Turbine Bronze yet it's painted the same metalic brown inside under carpet and seats as outside, it must have been a total redo somewhere around 1979 according to the newsprint under the back seat, all soaked in oil or something.
Between the trunk and the back seat section I must have vacuumed up 3 Lbs. of sand ?????
IMG_3393.JPG

Anyway here is the BS, not sure what 6 print is under 536 or any of the other codes for that matter.
Please let me know what was ordered. Thanks PT

Ayilar is the fender tag guru, who is the broadcast sheet guru?
67 and 68 cars they use the last digit on both the fender tag and broadcast sheet.
For example, on your sheet axle code 401 is 2.76 gears. On the tag it is stamped "1" under AX
I tried blowing up your sheet but it gets very blurry.

I believe this to be correct - 536 happens to be the code for a remote outside left-hand mirror. I think that's the only code I see on your broadcast in a 'completely undescribed' slot. The other code boxes are as @cbarge says: - if the digit prints below it, the car gets whatever the thing is that's described in the box above. Often, there can be more than one digit that is valid (like the axle and the transmission) - for example: the first "42_" for "Radio" can be 0,1,2,3,5,7,8 - each one denoting a different radio option (420, 421, 422, etc.). The second "42_" can be 424 for rear speaker with reverberator, or 426 for rear speaker without reverberator. Blank = no rear speaker installed at all.

BTW - I'm sure you already looked, but back to one of your original questions:

Box for code 359 "Trailer Tow" is blank, so your car did not come from the factory with a towing package.

NoTow.jpg

BTW - I'm sure you already looked, but back to one of your original questions:

Box for code 359 "Trailer Tow" is blank, so your car did not come from the factory with a towing package.

View attachment 576128
Thanks Mark, you seem well versed in the CSIing of brodcast/ build sheets, my transmission is a 727 correct?

Thanks PT

@69CoronetRT dabbles in some years of broadcast sheets and fender tags. At least later ‘60’s.
@PeugFra dabbles in the early -mid 70’s and have interest in these things.
But may need a clearer picture of the BS

Back