A broad what's it worth Q? 69 polara

one thing I have learned is that interiors are really expensive so the condition of the interior is a big factor

I will pay a lot of attention to that. I've noticed this from some of the other threads about C bodies. Mechanicals and body parts are way easier to find than the interior parts.
I will put a lot of emphasis on the value of the car depending upon that interior.

I will pay a lot of attention to that. I've noticed this from some of the other threads about C bodies. Mechanicals and body parts are way easier to find than the interior parts.
I will put a lot of emphasis on the value of the car depending upon that interior.
I’m really hoping that you get into a decent C body and display it as your avatar.
:poke:

Polara 500 = front bucket seats, possibly some "500" ornamentation and nicer items
Polara = front bench seat, normal Polara ornamentation and such

I understand my ebody values pretty well. However I really know very little about the different versions of C body values. Aside from 70 sport fury gt being expensive.
I have an opportunity at a Red, convertible running 440 polara with good floors.
That is really all the info I have at this moment. Working on getting more info but the fella is an older gentleman and it may take a little bit to get info. Not to mention it is 1300 miles away so I can't just run over and get pics. When I get more info I will post it here.

So, some kind of value would be appreciated.

And I understand value is in the eye of the beholder. Or the person who wants it. And 1 dollar to 30K. That doesn't help me.

Hey! Sounds like that car might be a good score. . . Depending. . . Here is a price guide I always use, when trying to estimate values - C-Body or anything else. From what you have said about the car so far, I would think it is between a No. 4 car and a No. 5 car. There are factors that add to the estimated price, such as the 440 engine (if original), etc. Take a look:

1969 DODGE POLARA Value

At any rate, you can use this guide during negotiations with the seller.

Polara 500 = front bucket seats, possibly some "500" ornamentation and nicer items
Polara = front bench seat, normal Polara ornamentation and such

Those are some pretty cool options to gain. Definitely prefer the buckets!

Hey! Sounds like that car might be a good score. . . Depending. . . Here is a price guide I always use, when trying to estimate values - C-Body or anything else. From what you have said about the car so far, I would think it is between a No. 4 car and a No. 5 car. There are factors that add to the estimated price, such as the 440 engine (if original), etc. Take a look:

1969 DODGE POLARA Value

At any rate, you can use this guide during negotiations with the seller.

That is a really cool price guide. I will definitely use that on this one and in future purchases! Thanks a ton!

Yes, no problem. Stock colors or your choice if you like to think out of the box.

So, legendary like Dave said or who? Would that be something that I would get from SMS?
I hate Ebay mostly just because of the many problems I have had with different sellers over the years. Last resort.

So, legendary like Dave said or who? Would that be something that I would get from SMS?
I hate Ebay mostly just because of the many problems I have had with different sellers over the years. Last resort.
There's a lot of other vendors. My own car happens to have a top sourced from Legendary by the previous owner.

SMS may or may not have them, I don't know. They will be the most expensive and the slowest though. It wouldn't surprise me if they outsourced it anyway...

I think Legendary outsources them too, but they sell a decent product. The eBay stuff can be hit or miss... I agree.

There are other vendors with good reputations. I've never used them, but I'd look at Electron Top, Replacement Convertible Top Manufacturer, convertible tops, rag tops or Kee, Kee Auto Top. Robbins is also supposed to be good, but I believe they don't sell direct.

The best thing to do is figure out who you are going to have install the top and ask them what they prefer.

My car. The original top was white, but the PO chose one in a saddle color. That color wasn't available from Chrysler, their choices were black or white. The material isn't quite the same either, but I think it's easier to keep clean and looks better. I've never had a negative comment about it not being "original", in fact just the opposite. Lot's of good comments about the change in color.

e9KNoKu.jpg

There's a lot of other vendors. My own car happens to have a top sourced from Legendary by the previous owner.

SMS may or may not have them, I don't know. They will be the most expensive and the slowest though. It wouldn't surprise me if they outsourced it anyway...

I think Legendary outsources them too, but they sell a decent product. The eBay stuff can be hit or miss... I agree.

There are other vendors with good reputations. I've never used them, but I'd look at Electron Top, Replacement Convertible Top Manufacturer, convertible tops, rag tops or Kee, Kee Auto Top. Robbins is also supposed to be good, but I believe they don't sell direct.

The best thing to do is figure out who you are going to have install the top and ask them what they prefer.

My car. The original top was white, but the PO chose one in a saddle color. That color wasn't available from Chrysler, their choices were black or white. The material isn't quite the same either, but I think it's easier to keep clean and looks better. I've never had a negative comment about it not being "original", in fact just the opposite. Lot's of good comments about the change in color.

View attachment 364887

Show-off! Yer car is blocking the view of my car. . . :poke:

Sounds like you might be on to something good. FWIW for me the most distinctive thing about the the 69 500 cars is the lower side molding. It makes an impressive styling statement. It is also the most difficult to find good replacements for damaged pieces. Some of the spring special cars also have the chrome surrounding the front of the hood and fenders to mimic the 70 loop bumper. A nice option if the car has it. Good luck with your ragtop hunt.

Back