A/C and Blower Motor not working

Toirpanelsmasher

Reaction score
Hi folks. Just bought a 77 NYer Brm. 111K klms on it. Wondering if my a/c and Blower motor doesnt work that it might be the relay. Any suggestions. Thank you

When these cars get to be as old as they are, one of the first things that happen is the blower motor gets dry and dirty. The result is, it takes more current flow to make it run and it overloads the circuit. I've seen plenty of them that got hot and melted the blower switch and connection. Sometimes it will blow the fuse but more often than not a dirty connection will melt before the fuse blows. I would look at that first. Then I would look at the motor itself to see if it spins properly. There are tons of reasons and things to check but that is where I would start.

Thank you. I need to buy a manual. Maybe a download might be the best way to go. Had one of these in 83 when I was a kid but not with these problems. Figured I'd change the motor anyway. Friend told me resistors cause this too.

Thank you. I need to buy a manual. Maybe a download might be the best way to go. Had one of these in 83 when I was a kid but not with these problems. Figured I'd change the motor anyway. Friend told me resistors cause this too.
Usually if it's the resistor pack, the blower only runs on high.

Usually if it's the resistor pack, the blower only runs on high.
That issue just developed on Medina in my last trip, I will need to look into it.Don't want to lose air flow now that the car again has A/C.

Back