A/C condensor roadblock.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Went to charge the A/C system on the 67Newport today.
He found a leak in the condensor. Damn.
I tried to find an OEM replacement. Nothing.
A/Z, AAP, RA, O'Reillys, eBay, Google....Nothing except one guy on eBay. But the picture was wrong. Called him and verified the one he was selling was the one in the pic so that became another dead end.
Called Vintage and Classic. Nothing but they would "restore" mine. Um, no thanks.
Really doing everything I can to avoid a universal and having to go through the brackets and custom hose BS again.
I'm out of ideas. Anybody?

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
Mine has one port on the top left and one on the top right.
That one has both on the passenger side.

Here you go......that's where I got mine for the NYB. It was an exact match.

http://accondenserstore.com/dodge28.html

yhst-59436758779465_2270_92733722

or...........

yhst-59436758779465_2270_92860904

Robert, I could kiss you on all four cheeks until they are red, red, red!!
The Big Guy comes through yet again!!

Mine shipped from California. I called them too and they were very friendly and helpful. They reassured me that the condenser would absolutely be a perfect fit. I believe I paid around $200-$225. Well worth it. I get 38 degrees at the center vent with the original compressor, new receiver/drier and H-Block, green O-rings, rebuilt hoses, and R134A.

A little more detail from my order......

----------------------------------------------------------------
Royal Monaco: Dodge Royal P3333026 1 199.95
Monaco 1977-1977 A/C
Condenser
Subtotal 199.95
Shipping 31.21
Tax 0.00
Total 231.16

How bad is the leak? I would have to try and solder it first. I have saved dozens on vintage condensors with a crack torch and silver solder.

H-Block or expansion valve .....same thing. Chrysler calls it an "H Valve Assembly" in the FSM.

m9Ujn3TylgTulbBAM4dwmDw.jpg

Why??? LOL!
Response from accondensorstore.com:
Unavailable
So...
Take it to a radiator shop. Depending on where the leak is, they might be able to repair it.
How bad is the leak? I would have to try and solder it first. I have saved dozens on vintage condensors with a crack torch and silver solder.
Thus:
Hold that thought.
:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
Off to the radiator shop then...
Went to radiator shop.
That there's a-loo-mee-num. Can't solder a-loo-mee-num.
:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Mine had a crack close to one of the hex heads for tightening. My guy was able to fix it and it's been good ever since. I'm not sure if mine is aluminum though.

Can't he tig it?
That's plan B. He himself can't TIG,
I left the condenser at his shop and he's going to pressure test it to find the leak(s).
If the leaks are repairable, I'll bring it to my local welding shop who has done excellent TIG work for me in the past.

In the meantime, as Plan C, I'm researching universal condensers that come closest to my application.

Plan D is to park it and use the NYB over the summer.

Back