a/c suction & liquid hoses

74Monaco CHP

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find the right suction & liquid hoses for my 74 Dodge monaco? I have a couple of lines from a 77 but there are a couple fitting missing. I've replaced the compressor , dryer, & clutch but the hoses have been a stumbling block.
:iroc:

I searched long and hard for new hoses. No go.
I had two options:
1. Have my existing hoses rebuilt
2. Custom made to order hoses.

I went with #1. $350.00.

Most people have their AC hoses rebuilt, using the existing fittings. I did so years ago for my 65 Newport w/ after-market AC. Cost ~$15 total at a hydraulic shop near my former house in Atlanta. Others on the A-body forum report that their local NAPA store does so (not mine in Sacramento). I am tempted to buy a hose crimper to make my own (~$300 list, less on ebay), since 6 vehicles to maintain and that works for other hoses too - pwr steering, heater, etc.

Does anyone know where I can find the right suction & liquid hoses for my 74 Dodge monaco? I have a couple of lines from a 77 but there are a couple fitting missing. I've replaced the compressor , dryer, & clutch but the hoses have been a stumbling block.
:iroc:

What did you end up doing for hoses? I'm in the same boat.

:beavisnbutthead:

I agree with BillG. Either have them made or outfit yourself and make them anytime/anyway you want. Being able to make PS hoses too is a plus.

I did some custom AC work with my Vette and had to have custom hoses made. No big deal.

Back